How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
£500 incentive to go and catch it now!

Hmm now where is the best place to go and find someone to cough on me?
Aw go on please go for it, you know you want to, it's "no worse than flu" apparently, after all 500 smackers is a good little earner for a few sniffles and you would be supporting your long term stance on herd immunity.

Please, please pretty please. From your past posts you don't know anyone with Covid but not to worry I would be absolutely delighted to help you out, I can find someone very quickly and have an envelope full of the innocuous little organisms transported to you overnight, I would even pay for the postage out of the goodness of my heart. ;) :)

Aw go on please go for it, you know you want to, it's "no worse than flu" apparently, after all 500 smackers is a good little earner for a few sniffles and you would be supporting your long term stance on herd immunity.

Please, please pretty please. From your past posts you don't know anyone with Covid but not to worry I would be absolutely delighted to help you out, I can find someone very quickly and have an envelope full of the innocuous little organisms transported to you overnight, I would even pay for the postage out of the goodness of my heart. ;) :)

It honestly doesn't worry me in the slightest. I have taken care of course because we have an extremely vulnerable person in the family and I don't want to kill them (any quicker than the government is trying to). They have had their first vaccine shot and second to come soon. We think it's possible the family might have caught it very early on now, but that is only a hunch based on symptoms and other things, but it would have been in Feb last year, impossible to say for certain now.
I am young, fit and healthy, the chances of me dying are lower than those I face when I go out for a drive, so feel free to spit in an envelope and post it to me if that makes you feel better somehow?

I am young, fit and healthy, the chances of me dying are lower than those I face when I go out for a drive
Famous last words ;)
And nobody just going out for a drive ever thought they'd end up being rushed to hospital by air ambulance. But with nearly 2000 killed on the roads and 30,000 seriously injured and a total of about 150,000 receiving some sort of injury(inc serious or killed) on the roads each year, thats not a great way of making decisions.
Certainly there are plenty who have died during this pandemic who didn't have underlying conditions, and were until infection fit and healthy. Then of course theres those who though survived have been left with debilitating conditions.

I'll wager you're super careful using a surface planer or saw bench, or do you just rely on pot luck there too ?.. 🤣🤣

I'll wager you're super careful using a surface planer or saw bench, or do you just rely on pot luck there too ?.. 🤣🤣

I use power tools in exactly the same way as I use my car, carefully. I am also careful when I go out, I try to keep a distance from people, I wash my hands, I don't kiss random strangers anymore. But I behaved pretty much like this before, I would never invade someone's personal space if I could avoid it, that's just common courtesy, I always washed my hands when I could when in public/shopping. Whenever I caught the tube I would avoid touching handrails and if I had no choice I would use handgel ASAP. Honestly my behaviour in the last year was only really changed by having to wear a mask.

I accept there is risk in my life, but I do my best to mitigate that risk when I can/when it is practical. I would be a lot safer if I didn't drive and didn't operate power tools, but at what cost to other aspects of my life?

Once again, attacks from the winning side, it's like the opposite of the Brexit thread! :ROFLMAO:

so feel free to spit in an envelope and post it to me if that makes you feel better somehow?
Sorry that wouldn't work, I don't have Covid so would have to ask someone else to so it, spitting is a filthy habit anyway. :)
What was your address again? Oh yes I remember you're Mr. anonymous. ;)

Certainly there are plenty who have died during this pandemic who didn't have underlying conditions, and were until infection fit and healthy.

How many is plenty? 5, 10, 100, 1000, 10,000? Do you have a number? It can't be that many otherwise they would be all over the news. I suspect the number to be well below 4 figures and that is out of 10's of millions of infections. Of course it also depends on what you consider young and healthy.

For the majority of "cases" it isn't even as bad as flu. You need a test to see if you are ill ffs! You know when you have flu!

It is catastrophic for some and we have a pretty good idea of the type of person it is catastrophic for.

Famous last words ;)
And nobody just going out for a drive ever thought they'd end up being rushed to hospital by air ambulance. But with nearly 2000 killed on the roads and 30,000 seriously injured and a total of about 150,000 receiving some sort of injury(inc serious or killed) on the roads each year, thats not a great way of making decisions.
Certainly there are plenty who have died during this pandemic who didn't have underlying conditions, and were until infection fit and healthy. Then of course theres those who though survived have been left with debilitating conditions.

Well then its simple then isn't. Shut the roads until no one can die on the roads

Sorry that wouldn't work, I don't have Covid so would have to ask someone else to so it, spitting is a filthy habit anyway. :)
What was your address again? Oh yes I remember you're Mr. anonymous. ;)

How do you know you don't have covid? Take a test every day. You may be asymptomatic and one day that test may be positive - ergo - you have covid

For the majority of "cases" it isn't even as bad as flu. You need a test to see if you are ill ffs!

And in at least some of those asymptomatic cases (where there has been reason to do a scan) there has nonetheless been extensive lung damage.

I haven't got that impression at all.
Going by the number of people Rorschach has riled up, I'd say most have have got that impression from him. I get the impression your thoughts are similar, maybe that's why you haven't noticed?

Cheers, Vann.

I'm not going to argue the point with anyone about this. Using a radial arm saw on a pull cut is dangerous. I have seen the after effects of too many accidents involving a "human/machine interface" over many years to be complacent about this stuff. The machine always wins. Just because some ill-informed "teacher" with little to no practical experience or 1001 morons with a youtube account say something is OK, does not make it OK. Your opening phrase stated " I admit that sounds safer ". Stick with that and you'll be fine.

Pete
Don't forget Dyson - he was a big fan. I'd thank him in person but he's living in Singapore now.
My hope is that eventually the importance of not having to totally rely on China for instance, will sink in to our politicians brains?
Some manufacturing should be brought back and this Power House of the North that's being talked about will become reality..
Well said!

i can assure you that it is not. Direct info from SWMBO union rep just under 40% of Scottish teachers and classroom assistants are in quarrintine at any one time. so far out of 1/2 mil UK total teachers just over 0.4% have died from covid. Here the teachers are happy to go back to school if blended learning is adopted as currently there are still as many as 18 kids in a class with 8 desks. and you can not be more than 2m away all the time. I know one school which had half the supply teachers of edinburgh (city only has 26 in total) in it due to staff having covid and most claiming they caught it at school
Would you be able to give the reference to the data that supports the 0.4% Covid morbidity for this occupational group. I have been searching for this data granularity without much success.

Pensioners are going to get a rude awakening I think, their triple lock and vote buying benefits like free bus passes will be out for the taking I reckon.

And while your at it they might as well have the plug pulled on their life support. ?
If your going to "Think It", you might as well do it properly

And while your at it they might as well have the plug pulled on their life support. ?
If your going to "Think It", you might as well do it properly
If it's a cull it'd make more sense to let the young die first.
Think ahead - they are going to cost a bomb to keep fed, educated and healthy but there will be no jobs and nothing but a lifetime of idleness and dependency in front of them.:rolleyes:
Whereas we elderly will be quietly slipping away quite soon and ceasing to be a burden. :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back