How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin, Jullian you guys aren't going to get him to change about anything. Why not go do something a lot easier, like teach a mushroom calculus

You can try and teach him calculus but I don't think Maths is Jacobs thing.

No, its because Australia and NZ used the strategy elimination of community transmission.
Rorschach laughs at this......because he has no counter argument, because its true.

Maybe Rorschach should look at how early NZ and Aust shut their borders to China and then to the RoW.
And how strict internal interventions were.

I gave you factual evidence from Wales that the viral cases peaked before the lockdown. It was there in plain sight. You didn't like it so ignored it.

it doesnt prove what you think it does, you need to look at the detail.

look at test positivity:

"We continue to be cautious because while the number of people being tested has fallen, the testing positivity rate remains very high at 25% across Wales."

And this testing positivity is key.

This is the percentage of people who are tested that end up testing positive for the virus. This is a good indicator of the amount of the virus circulating in the community.

_116727735_positivity.png

Back in July this was regularly well below 1%.

Now it has been over 15% since the start of December. This figure did not fall over Christmas as you can see from this graph:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/stats-data-coronavirus-covid-cases-19571252

Please read more carefully: "Japan / China might also have some immunity due to previous exposure to SARS / mers"

I did. What's to look at? Sars/ Mers are other covids.
Either immunity is a possibilty or it is not. It is either possible or it is not possible. Its quite simple.

My suggestion that people have prior immunity seems to have been criticised and yet you concede it may be a possibility but only in a country of your choosing. You have a few splinters in your bottom from that fence now!

[
Why dont you understand, viruses arent seasonal when they first spread.

Why don't you understand that it hasn't "first spread". It first spread last winter. Then it died out. This is what it is going to do, like the other covids. It will soften over time as well as we get - you guessed it, HERD IMMUNITY! There is no other choice although vaccines are of course very welcome assistance

The reason more people haven't had it is because thankfully governments around the world make decisions based on experts and data.....not from people like you.
You're wasting your time Robin, a friend recently made a succinct observation, there are people who make excellent candidates for retrograde abortion. I'll leave it to you to decide who they are. ;)

You're wasting your time Robin, a friend recently made a succinct observation, there are people who make excellent candidates for retrograde abortion. I'll leave it to you to decide who they are. ;)

You! You useless t.urd

Rorschach laughs at this......because he has no counter argument, because its true.

Maybe Rorschach should look at how early NZ and Aust shut their borders to China and then to the RoW.
And how strict internal interventions were.
And how much better their economies have fared as a result.

Has no one found it remarkable how few deaths there have been in prison with covid? Its a reasonable petri dish.

I mean if carers are considered to spread covid coming into care homes,or I could spread it going into a newsagent is it not the same for prison workers?
It's pretty obvious had you bothered to check.
Only 5,058 of a total England & Wales population of 82,620 ( in 2019 ) were over the age of 60, that's just over 6% of the prison population, in fact only 13,
PRISONER AGES.jpg
620 are over the age of 50 which is 16%.

It's pretty obvious had you bothered to check.
Only 5,058 of a total England & Wales population of 82,620 ( in 2019 ) were over the age of 60, that's just over 6% of the prison population, in fact only 13,View attachment 102255620 are over the age of 50 which is 16%.

But I though these is a disease which affects everyone according to the narrative? Impossible to differentiate who may be vulnerable? That's why tanked our kids education (though the tide is at last turning on that now)

And what of the cases themselves?

Or maybe it is overwhelmingly age stratified after all, and cases don't correlate well....

Also in most UK prisons the inmates don't get to mingle as they are locked in for at least 20 hours a day on average I believe. due to staff shortages mainly

But I though these is a disease which affects everyone according to the narrative? Impossible to differentiate who may be vulnerable?

And what of the cases themselves?
Yes it does affect everyone and some of those will have long term issues because of it on top of their drug problems, but you stated that the younger generation aren't at risk and your post stated deaths, not infections.
I actually know how many were affected in the local prikson as we have a number of friends who work there, I very much doubt you have any idea at all.

Also in most UK prisons the inmates don't get to mingle as they are locked in for at least 20 hours a day on average I believe. due to staff shortages mainly

So are you saying the one following by Selwyn isn't? I didn't name anyone remember.

But you were being personal and unpleasant just because I happen to disagree with you. I've no problem withdrawing my comment. I'm arguing the issue not the person

Eh! I wasn't being personal. i was merely pointing out the prison population don't mix as much as some think and therefore have a lot less opportunity to infect each other. What have I to do with you and Lons arguing?

Yes it does affect everyone and some of those will have long term issues because of it on top of their drug problems, but you stated that the younger generation aren't at risk and your post stated deaths, not infections.
I actually know how many were affected in the local prikson as we have a number of friends who work there, I very much doubt you have any idea at all.

Yes my own view is that the younger generation are at massively reduced risk. One of the reasons I'm pro shielding and against broad brus lockdown. Possibly the prison population could be a more risk than average because general health issues won't be as good.

How many were affected in the local prison then? And how many now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back