How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did give us a very good idea of how a virus in the petri dish of a ship is becomes limited though

There isn't such a limiting factor in the community though....as shown by areas of the country that have peaks at different times.

You can pretend that we don't have any alternative information on what may have happened if you want but that would be to ignore a history of immunology. It would mean to ignore Sweden and Belarus. Ignore the Diamond Princess petri dish etc.

If the internet hadn't been invented we would hardly even notice covid outside of hotspots

I am not pretending we don’t have any alternative information Selwyn but I cannot find anything that points to your assertion that the “epidemic curve“ has peaked before each lockdown.

Look at Sweden, Belarus and the Diamond Princess hardly constitutes a reasoned argument. I was wondering if you were an expert in immunology, epidemiology or another field of data analysis but am now thinking not.

Anyway - stay safe - neither of us are running the country so it doesn’t really matter that our opinions differ.

You must see the irony:)

Why? I don't have a problem with people having differing opinions, I think they are wrong and I enjoy the debate but I don't attack them personally for it. I don't even say horrible things about rafezetter and he regularly calls me a genocidal nazi.

I am not pretending we don’t have any alternative information Selwyn but I cannot find anything that points to your assertion that the “epidemic curve“ has peaked before each lockdown.

Look at Sweden, Belarus and the Diamond Princess hardly constitutes a reasoned argument. I was wondering if you were an expert in immunology, epidemiology or another field of data analysis but am now thinking not.

Anyway - stay safe - neither of us are running the country so it doesn’t really matter that our opinions differ.

Don't dismiss these key areas which are showing us another way. The Dakotas too. Florida too

Why? I don't have a problem with people having differing opinions, I think they are wrong and I enjoy the debate but I don't attack them personally for it. I don't even say horrible things about rafezetter and he regularly calls me a genocidal nazi.

Post 544
“@RobinBHM see you can you can use evidence, that wasn't so hard was it?”

Regardless of the government's reaction, it's quite sobering to think that we've now spent theb

Well, one of the problems with free speech is that you can freely transmit absolute ballcocks over and over again and there's no recourse even when you've been proved wrong. Hard to argue when the reply is "well your facts are wrong".

Worse still, there's probably no feasible way of making it illegal to be a serial liar because it would inevitably infringe on rights and the public would have an absolute meltdown.

All we needed to do was follow the science.

As recently as October, an international review of pandemic planning ranked the UK the second best prepared country in the world (behind the US).

3. RAPID RESPONSE TO
AND MITIGATION OF THE
SPREAD OF AN EPIDEMIC
Rank Score
1 United Kingdom 91.9

Though maybe some science is different to others ?

0.5 million vaccines per day, like or loath the government, something is going right.
Feel free to knock the gov't and say it's the NHS or someone else, but for me I don't care all I want to see is high numbers. Whoever is in control of this is doing a good job.
Sure someone will be along explaining that X person in charge would have tripled it by now, or they know granny whatsymecally who's 99 with 6 co mortality illnesses .............. but life is full of pessimists, being 2nd or 3rd in the world for vaccine doses cannot be a bad thing. Some will, unfortunately politics and opinions are binary and not blended these days.

I really am delighted that generally the program for innoculation seems to be going very very well.

So when would you all say pinapples, and start to break rules. I assume the majority have bent the rules already, so I mean proper break them
Anyone who says they have not bent the rules slightly is a true saint. For me it was taking my parents to have there vaccination. I'm not in their bubble, but I wasn't going to rely on a taxi, for 2 x 87y/o, one of whom is wheelchair bound.

For me, maybe if we are still in lockdown in the summer. I'll start to see my parents.

Last edited:
So when would you all say pinapples, and start to break rules. I assume the majority have bent the rules already, so I mean proper break them
Anyone who says they have not bent the rules slightly is a true saint. For me it was taking my parents to have there vaccination. I'm not in their bubble, but I wasn't going to rely on a taxi, for 2 x 87y/o, one of whom is wheelchair bound.

For me, maybe if we are still in lockdown in the summer. I'll start to see my parents.

Some might be surprised to hear but I have bent/broken very few rules considering I hate them so much. The only one that comes to mind right now is that we formed a "bubble" before bubbles were legal. Oh and we did break the rule of 6 a couple of times as it was farcical that we could send the children outside and be legal, then swap the children for the parents on the same day and still be legal. Madness.

I really am delighted that generally the program for innoculation seems to be going very very well.

You know penicillin, and how it doesn't really work that well any more?

How, whenever you're on a course of antibiotics, you're strongly encouraged to complete the course, no matter what, so as to protect the rest of society from resistance?

You are aware of how the UK government is bending statistics, once again, by not meeting the correct window between jabs?

The doctors' union said the UK's strategy "has become increasingly isolated internationally" and "is proving evermore difficult to justify".

Again, -

Its not my intention to be confrontational, however, i must point out the difference between your opinion and the opinion of others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55777084

Perhaps the BMA should go on strike until Bog Gob and his ilk agree to them doing it properly

Its not my intention to be confrontational, however, i must point out the difference between your opinion and the opinion of others.

Of course, no problem, just pleased I'm an optimist it make life much more fun and colourful.
Don't get ,me wrong like you I'm not being confrontational, I just feel it's important to tell you that I'm very happy positive person and I really like it that way, rather than being dower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back