How would you rate the UK's handling of this pandemic?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise people can go in and out of hospital very quickly?

The data doesn't support younger people dying of covid or in ICU more
You do realise more younger people being hospitalised means more cases of long term health issues.

You do realise if we end restrictions, the R rate will go up and more people will end up in hospital and more will die

We are still in a pandemic now. No we can't bring them back that would be walking dead territory but we can do everything to prevent as many other people from joining them uneccessarily just for the sake of a few pence more in yours and rorschach's pocket.

after all if we apply your and rorschach's reasons for not doing as we are then, perhaps we should apply it to all disease and not have a health service at all and everybody takes their chances. Which is fine if you are happy with the fact that you being Welsh (I presume) have a really bad risk of dying very young without any medical interventions.

@Droogs if only it were as simple as a few pence in the pocket. You have no idea what is coming for us, you included.

The data is based on the levels of people going into hospital and death rates DESPITE significant interventions.

If interventions are stopped (which is what you want), infection rate will increase and hospitals and economy will be damaged more, not less.

Unfortunately you are still arguing against lockdowns ......using data that has been the result of the lockdowns reducing infection spread. You are effectively contradicting yourself.

We are still in a pandemic now. No we can't bring them back that would be walking dead territory but we can do everything to prevent as many other people from joining them uneccessarily just for the sake of a few pence more in yours and rorschach's pocket.

after all if we apply your and rorschach's reasons for not doing as we are then, perhaps we should apply it to all disease and not have a health service at all and everybody takes their chances. Which is fine if you are happy with the fact that you being Welsh (I presume) have a really bad risk of dying very young without any medical interventions.

We are not in a pandemic now. It is now an endemic virus. Its nothing to do with pence in my pocket - I have done very well out of it thanks. But a lot of people I know have not and they will suffer more and I care more about those lives than you.

We did actually apply my theory to all diseases before Covid. Health economists make decisions all the time.

Lockdowns do not work. You need to be at least slightly capable of looking at the longer term impact of the lockdown. Just a tiny bit.

The data is based on the levels of people going into hospital and death rates DESPITE significant interventions.

If interventions are stopped (which is what you want), infection rate will increase and hospitals and economy will be damaged more, not less.

Unfortunately you are still arguing against lockdowns ......using data that has been the result of the lockdowns reducing infection spread. You are effectively contradicting yourself.

I don't want interventions stopped, just different interventions but you cannot conceive of anything different working. You'd be a terrible engineer! lol.

@Droogs if only it were as simple as a few pence in the pocket. You have no idea what is coming for us, you included.
Ahh the good old lockdown versus economy argument.

It's a false argument as no lockdown would result in hospitals being totally overwhelmed forcing more draconian lockdown measures creating more economic damage

In fact that's exactly what this govt has done.

I didn't say stop interventions. Working from home is fine if you can do it. I didn't agree with shutting pubs and resturants, I didnt agree with shutting independent shops, I don't agree with shutting schools, leisure facilties etc.

There is no evidence without lockdowns that infection will spread once it is endemic- the case data will continue to ebb and flow as it is a seasonal endemic virus. And the case data doesn't even tell half the story - its the types of death, age of death and comorbidites that tell us most things.

Look at the Diamond Princess data again - that is the petri dish example for all of us. This is just basic basic biology. I'm just shocked you are so naive. All virus' get regulated by and large

I have every idea of what is coming for us, I unlike you (given what you have previously said) have a total experience of what it is like to be poor and by this I mean destitute. I have lived in a bush for over a year and gotten 80% of my food from skips. I am proud to say i have never begged but have been close. I have spent most of my adult life working in the sh 1 ttiest of the worlds locations both when i was in the mil and after when I worked for and with UN and NGOs. I have seen the aftermath of epidemics and can scale that up to a pandemic for both health and wealth of countries. I know that due to incompetence and a lack of will to actually do what is needed ie total curfew and severe punishment for breaking it because there are a lot of pineapples who don't understand this disease is only spreading because they are moving around the disease doesnt have legs. As I said previously (which you scoffed at ) better 42 days house arrest than 42 weeks.

i hope you never have the need for real life saving help from another human being where they apply your logic to see if they can be bothered to provide it.

I don't want interventions stopped, just different interventions but you cannot conceive of anything different working. You'd be a terrible engineer! lol.

The government has a massive resource of scientists doing loads of modelling.

What makes you think you know better?

Let's hear your "different interventions"
So far all you've come up with is some platitudes about "focused protection"

none as they were not true lockdowns. knobheads and cockwombles were still able to move around and do what they wanted reagardless as they were not really punished.

I have every idea of what is coming for us, I unlike you (given what you have previously said) have a total experience of what it is like to be poor and by this I mean destitute. I have lived in a bush for over a year and gotten 80% of my food from skips. I am proud to say i have never begged but have been close. I have spent most of my adult life working in the sh 1 ttiest of the worlds locations both when i was in the mil and after when I worked for and with UN and NGOs. I have seen the aftermath of epidemics and can scale that up to a pandemic for both health and wealth of countries. I know that due to incompetence and a lack of will to actually do what is needed ie total curfew and severe punishment for breaking it because there are a lot of pineapples who don't understand this disease is only spreading because they are moving around the disease doesnt have legs. As I said previously (which you scoffed at ) better 42 days house arrest than 42 weeks.

i hope you never have the need for real life saving help from another human being where they apply your logic to see if they can be bothered to provide it.

You are off your rocker mate. 42 days house arrest would make no difference to an endemic virus. You want the same thing over and over again but it will not work

none as they were not true lockdowns. knobheads and cockwombles were still able to move around and do what they wanted reagardless as they were not really punished.

Your logic doesn't fit the data. All of these "waves" ease down before the lockdowns. Biology is a funny thing

Your logic doesn't fit the data. All of these "waves" ease down before the lockdowns. Biology is a funny thing
the data shows only that the speed of reaction to the wave has been greatly slowed by prevarication on the part of the authorities. After all if you notice a fire in the bedroom there is no point arranging for the fire brigade to come next week

There is no evidence without lockdowns that infection will spread once it is endemic

Covid is still a pandemic so you start from a false premise

And there's a new strain which has spread widely throughout the country.......which is the definition of a pandemic

BTW there is evidence that lockdowns lower infection rate....

the data shows only that the speed of reaction to the wave has been greatly slowed by prevarication on the part of the authorities. After all if you notice a fire in the bedroom there is no point arranging for the fire brigade to come next week

No it doesn't. The waves slow before lockdown

Covid is still a pandemic so you start from a false premise

And there's a new strain which has spread widely throughout the country.......which is the definition of a pandemic

BTW there is evidence that lockdowns lower infection rate....

It was a pandemic. It isn't now in the UK. Its now endemic. You will not get rid of it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back