How wide is a DeWalt DW 1150

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dim question from a newbie - but how wide are these thingies? I've searched this site and Mr Google but apart from endless exploded diagrams of spare parts, I can't find it.

Moreorlessright":zlnk3d7s said:
Dim question from a newbie - but how wide are these thingies? I've searched this site and Mr Google but apart from endless exploded diagrams of spare parts, I can't find it.

Apparently it takes 260mm blades, so - 260mm, I guess! Which is a tad over 10".

It does have the motor mounted on the side of the machine Jake, so that makes it much wider overall. I am not sure just how wide though. I have the 1161 model (Elu) and I would say it is about 20" wide. This is just a guess though as I haven't measured mine. HTH. :wink:

mailee":37y5rmxy said:
It does have the motor mounted on the side of the machine Jake, so that makes it much wider overall.

There's that, I guess! I assumed the question was "what width can I plane on a ..." ;-) It's true that a quick search on Google doesn't tell you that, and it's not mentioned in the eBay auctions I saw currently running for that model, for some reason.

well I have got to admit I just assumed he meant the overall width of the machine? I am sure he will be along to let us know. :oops:

Many thanks, gents. It was the planing width I was after (well spotted, there was one on Ebay that didn't reveal it!). I'm lucky enough to be setting up a workshop in a barn where a few extra inches of motor sticking out don't matter too much.

Back