how to use granular parrafin wax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulc

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got the parrafin wax to seal the end of my logs , its in granular form and all the shop assistant could tell me is that it must be heated indirectly before application , how is this done , would a pot suspended over boiling water be sufficient and how much of the granules are necessary? , thanks alot .

Hi Paul

You should be okay if you heat the granules in an old pot over some hot water subject to two provisos:

• Don't let the bottom of the pan with the granules in touch the water if you can help it. This rule isn't so important as when you're making a custard but it will still help to get a more even heat distribution throughout the pan.

Don't melt it in SWMBOs best Le Creuset cookware. It's a good idea to have an old pan exclusively for this job.

How much will you need? It depends on how big your logs are. Don't worry if you melt too much, though, because it can be re-melted and used again.

Yours

Gill

Back