how to remove the plunge springs on a bosch gof1300ace ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know?

The pillars seem to be just pressed into the base and I'm not really sure how to go about it. :?

Mike

I have the GOF 1300CE but it is brand new and so I don't want to take it apart (yet!).
Looking at the exploding diagram on line http://www.mtmc.co.uk/prodtype.asp?PT_I ... istory=cat
I would assume the motor comes off the tops of the pillars. From my other bosch routers, there is a circlip under the micro height adjuster. The diagram shows a retainer (item 55) at the top of the other pillar.

hth

Bob

All the one's I have stripped have had a grub screw in the side of the base to retain the pillars Pete.

Roy.

No grub screws I'm afraid :(

that diagram confirms my belief its going to be hard!

It looks like you have to strip it starting at the micro adjuster on the top of the pillar? No circlip that I can find?
Or possibly the height lock might be the place to start but i gotta admit I'm confused :oops:

I'm afraid I'll strip it down and never get it back together :?

thanks

Mike

Mike,

Just out of interest, why do you need to remove the spring?
From the diagram for the 1300 ACE, the spring seems to be inside the locking pillar.
On my 1300CE there is also a spring on the non locking side on the outside of the pillar.

Does yours comply to the diagram?

Bob

9fingers":1n9nhzit said:
Mike,

Just out of interest, why do you need to remove the spring?
From the diagram for the 1300 ACE, the spring seems to be inside the locking pillar.
On my 1300CE there is also a spring on the non locking side on the outside of the pillar.

Does yours comply to the diagram?

Bob

Im making my own router lift and I dont want any spring resistance.

There is no visible spring and as far as I can see the digram is pretty similar although mine is at least7 years old so it might be a bit different.

Mike

Ah! that makes sense. It it just possible that the travel is limited by the clip 55 on the other pillar. Maybe investigate that side?

Good luck

Bob

That clip is normally the method of preventing the bottom assembly dropping off Bob.
Sounds as though the pillars are shrunk in, try heat Pete.

Roy.

Yes Bob, if the clip is exposed at maximum plunge then of course it can be removed and the spring will drop out, hopefully. I'm surprised that there is no visible fastening into the base of Pete's router though, if they have been shrunk into place for example the tolerances must be good.

Roy.

Makes sense Andy, anything has got to be easier, (cheaper) to produce than the sort of tolerance that press or shrink fitting needs.

Roy.

I've managed to do it! and it was quite easy once i took the Plunge! (pun :D)

under the base the two pillars looked a bit different, one was obviously a tight fit in the base with no apparent fixings - the other looked the same at first glance but was actually capped with aluminium, so i took the plunge hee hee and drilled it out a bit and it broke through to the centre hollow of the pillar and by poking a screwdriver up i could feel the spring which seemed to be held in place by the ali plug.

so I drilled it out and the spring popped out lovely :D :D

thanks for the help.

Mike :D :D

BTW who's Pete? :D

I know this is an old thread. However, i have done this set up and i am finding the router bit doesnt come up higher enough for the cut i need....

Does anyone have any advice?

Latest posts

Back