How to post a photo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluekingfisher

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All - Can anyone tell me how to upload a photo onto the forum. I would like to sell some items but haven't been on my rocket science course yet. Trying to upload from Photobucket has left me stumped.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Display the photo you want, in Photobucket. Mouse over the "IMG Code" until it reads "copied".
Swap to the place in your posting where you want the picture and click Ctrl+V (Paste). That's it!

Because Photobucket is designed for the purpose, it gives you the html tags.

If using photos from other sources you need to use the button in the editor to insert them (or type them manually).
You can check with the Preview button before you Submit.

EDIT: 2017. DO NOT use photobucket. They have changed their terms without notice and now want an extortionate amount for "third party hosting" - instantly wrecking thousands of posts in this and many other forums worldwide.

Thanks Andy - That's what I have done but it just shows the link rather than the photo in the listing (unless of course it's only me that can see the link and everyone else can see the photo image when they open the item shown for sale. In my case the JET 60A planer)

IT was never my strong point.

Thanks again.

David

Are you sure you are using the img tags? on photbucket it is the bottom one of the 4 options
Just as a clue it starts end ends with IMG!

Bob

I can see the pictures - you did it. We really do need a new sticky on how to post pictures.

We used to have a sticky for this but someone seems to have removed it - well that narrows it down to the few people who have editing rights eh?

Bob

An easy way is join Google plus (Google+) there is a section in this social network for your photographs.

Peice of cake to load your pictures just press the tag "upload pictures" It will ask you do you want to put them in an existing album or create a new one. For posts its easier to call your album the topic of your post.
When you want to put the image into your post pull up from your start menu "Note Pad" Select the picts you want and right click the image on picture info. A box will appear containing your picture with the information highlighted. Press control c and paste it into the Note Pad. Write a little note what the pictures are as an aid memoir above or below the information.
When this is done open up "Post a Reply Or "New Subject" "The Message body" will appear.
Write your message or paragraph
Press enter a couple of times (the letters sometimes run into the pic)
In the option boxes ie Spell Check Quote Code List etc you will see a box called Img press this and this will appear with the curser flashing between the brackets.
Copy the photo information off your note pad and paste where the curser is flashing.
You have posted your picture.
Go to the boxes under the options on the message body where you submit your post.
To the left of Submit is a box called Preview press it
Your post will appear if Ok and how you like it or not press the return arrow top left of screen and it brings you back to the message body.
If you liked Press Submit If it didnt work press save draft and speak to someone or post a help! message and someone will be only too pleased to help.
Best of luck We want to see pictures, lots of them, specially that tool rack you built.

Sorry I forgot to tell you when you load your pictures into Google+ you have to tell it who can view them . Make them Public by pressing the Public Tag You do have to be careful what you make Public because when you do the World and his dog will see them and there are some funny people out there

Thanks Fellahs, I was using the second option down, maybe that's where I was going wrong.

I'll try the bottom option now as a tester (assuming I am still permitted to edit after posting)

Thanks again for taking the time to respond chaps.

David

9fingers":163wchz0 said:
We used to have a sticky for this but someone seems to have removed it - well that narrows it down to the few people who have editing rights eh?

Bob

Photo-bucket changed their methods/options several times and as someone who does not use the service I personally got fed up with trying to keep up with the sequence changes in the thread we had in the turning section so that when UKW allocated server space for uploading direct from the accessing computer I gave up editing it and linking it.
If someone who uses PB writes up the current procedure with appropriate screen shots and is willing to keep it updated then it can be referenced.

Edit: forgot there is a basic help link HERE

Bluekingfisher":1nnepk2s said:
I'll try the bottom option now as a tester (assuming I am still permitted to edit after posting)
David

Your links in the for sale section were edited with the image tags to show images at 19:45.

You can always edit a previous post as long as it has not been locked by a mod.

CHJ - Like you, I don't use PB much, each time i go back to it, either I have forgotten how to upload or the system has changed. Just doesn't seem very user friendly to me.

Bring back the quill and parchment!

Bluekingfisher":3gqcc6bu said:
CHJ - Like you, I don't use PB much, each time i go back to it, either I have forgotten how to upload or the system has changed. Just doesn't seem very user friendly to me.

That's funny, just the reason I stopped using Flickr. Never had any problems with PB.

Jim

Back