How to fly a model plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a model plane? Doesn't look much smaller than the Cranfield A1 that used to be tested by (?) Neil Williams (?) more-or-less over our house in said village. Fun to watch the first time, but b****y irritating noise after a while!

Flying to that level isn't unusual even at club level. The knife edge circuit at the start wasn't very smooth. I've seen many better than that. Joe Smith, never heard of him...

Gerry

He's from small town USA and not really international yet. I work in the USA with an RC fan and Joe is quite a talking point after his shows last year, google him a fair bit out there now

Gerry":3p6f1o1l said:
Flying to that level isn't unusual even at club level. The knife edge circuit at the start wasn't very smooth. I've seen many better than that. Joe Smith, never heard of him...

Gerry

Well, I've never heard of him either but that doesn't matter, that video is amazing.

regards

Brian

I doubt that I could do that even though I have flown RC models for about 20 years, but then again I have never flown a noisey smelly, just gliders and the odd electric jobbie!

Quite some flying!

A couple of guys in the club I used to belong to, the SCSA South Cotswolds Soaring Association, could do some very good rolling circles. Me, much more sedate and for me RC meand always radio, sometimes controlled :oops: :oops: ..

Gerry":3bfnpouc said:

Gerry

Fair chance he hasn't heard of you either. :)

Seriously, pretty impressive flying.

Great flying. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the Yanks. They're not afraid to dress stupid and act like kids. We're too stuck up over here.

Roy

doorframe":1feu9jlq said:
Great flying. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I like the Yanks. They're not afraid to dress stupid and act like kids. We're too stuck up over here.

Roy

I was just about to say is he as nerdy as he looks?

So far as the flying is concerned very clever indeed but it's all about engine. Typical American I suppose, enough grunt and you can do anything (but is it art)?

Back