How to fit Hettich Concealed Hinges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so my mounting plate says 'D1.5' However my in built cabinets have the same D1.5 mounting plates, but they are fitted with a full overlay.

Because I used that template there was no option to adjust the cup distance, i've brought the Kreg hinge jig too (a similar one) and even that only goes up to 6mm adjustment, so not sure how I would achieve 7mm?

Throw that template away it’s not needed , pencil ,square (adj) and a measuring tape is all that’s needed

Do as doug71 says regarding the position of the hinge hole from the edge

There is a thinner plate at ‘0mm’ you have 1.5mm

Attachments

• 468CE421-F53E-4724-9EE5-D71E84B65CAD.png
    468CE421-F53E-4724-9EE5-D71E84B65CAD.png
    198 KB · Views: 6
Doug is right.

Half of 35mm is 17.5mm plus 7mm is 24.5mm.
The mark for cup centre is 24.5mm from the edge. Thats how I would do it.

I have just looked at the hettich technical document linked earlier in the thread and it does appear they are trying to be as confusing as possible.

This one from blum is simpler ( I know they might be a bit different but its illustrative )

So 18mm overlay equals a 7mm boring distance ( B ) from the edge. Ignore half overlay to the right.
1649967012533.png

Thanks for your replies guys, 24.5mm was spot on, see below on my scrap piece. Really happy with it!

Graham, I concur I want to throw the template away too, only thing I wasn't sure of was how to then mark out the mounting plate, so I used it for that as below. If I didn't want to use that what other ways could I accurately mark out where the mounting holes should go, just line up the two pieces and do it that way?

Attachments

• IMG_5490-2.jpg
    IMG_5490-2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5491-2.jpg
    IMG_5491-2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5492-2.jpg
    IMG_5492-2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for your replies guys, 24.5mm was spot on, see below on my scrap piece. Really happy with it!

Graham, I concur I want to throw the template away too, only thing I wasn't sure of was how to then mark out the mounting plate, so I used it for that as below. If I didn't want to use that what other ways could I accurately mark out where the mounting holes should go, just line up the two pieces and do it that way?

Glad you got it sorted ,well done

Hey guys,

First time cabinet maker here so please be gentle..

I've brought some concealed Hettich soft close Sensys hinges and want to fit them on a full overlay door.

My wood is 19mm thick and 123mm tall, but i've got so many questions:

How do I know how far to drill the 35mm hole from the edge?
How do I measure a 3rd hinge since it's not from the edge?
Cup distance? How do I know how many mm that should be?

I've brought this template jig which i'm sure will make it easier, but I don't know how to calculate the above measurements in the first place to be able to use it

Hettich 9220193 MultiBlue Scribing Template for Pan Hinges with Diameter 26 and 35 mm Plastic Pack of 1, Blue : Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

This is the technical information sheet I found from there website, i'm sure it makes a lot more sense to someone more experienced than me.

https://web2.hettich.com/hbh/addon/montage/Verarbeitungshinweise_Sensys_EN.pdf
I'd really appreciate some help, the cupboard is for my mum!

Usman.
I fitted hundreds of these when building custom furniture. You need to be 23mm. To the centre of the hole. I’ve found this to be the perfect distance so that the underside of the hinge mechanism doesn’t snag on the edge of your stile. Any size door over 600mm. Will need a third hinge.
This needs to be as close to the middle of the door as possible. If a shelf is in the way, then 50mm off centre, top or bottom is fine. For every 300mm more in length that your doors are will need another hinge.

This is my personal advice and have found it has worked fine for me for many years.
Hope this helps
Kindest regards,
Joe

Back