How to do it.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have polished the alloy body, and wall mounted it - maybe a wall light...

I kind of like it, it's one of the better "tools turned into a lamp" projects I've seen.

At least something useful and valuable wasn't butchered to make it like some projects, E.G Vices. I suppose some would say the saw was useful and worth something though, I personally couldn't see anyone using it for proper work anymore.

I still have one just like that, It was my Dads, Its an absolute beast of a saw & still in use.
I can never understand this trend of good tools turned into poncy lights.

OK, top secret, don't tell anyone!

I've attached a lamp to an old piece of wood that I turned in a lathe. Keep it quiet until I get the patent sorted out.

Am I brilliant or what?

IMG_1641.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 345
Geoff_S":iije8qqy said:
OK, top secret, don't tell anyone!

I've attached a lamp to an old piece of wood that I turned in a lathe. Keep it quiet until I get the patent sorted out.

Am I brilliant or what?

Not finished Geoff, it needs a long drip of bright yellow or pink paint running down one side. :wink:

I commented on that 'ible but I see it's been deleted.

Some people can't take constructive criticisim.

All I did was suggest he mounted the lamp onto the wooden base at the corner instead of the saw itself.

Seen far worse with far better tools and far less function.

At least it's encouraging maker skills, albeit limited, but it's making stuff.

Back