How to benefit from smart meters?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you go from £40 per customer to "billions"? How many households do you think there are in the UK?

Even if each of us lived alone it'd add up to £268M, an order of magnitude lower than the lowest reasonable definition of "billions".

I hate to interrupt someone when they're ranting, but if your anger is based on bad maths then it might be worth thinking again.

268÷40 = 6.7mm implied population. You probably meant 2.68 billion and 67 million implied population. Makes the last sentence above humorous.

Google says a 2.4 individuals per household in the UK, then add small commercial properties and individuals with more than one on property meter and I'd be surprised if the total meter count is much less than 50 million. 2 billion total pounds, but further adjustment to remove people who took smart meters voluntarily.

Ha!

I am an silly person. Sorry.

I have a math degree. I do the same thing all the time, to the point that I am afraid often to correct something and say "looks like bad math!". Sometimes the correction is wrong, the original numbers wrong and correcting something and giving a bad number looks like two dummies in a jar.

So, no malice in bringing up the number - I see things off in factors of ten pretty easily, but when doing my own work, miss the same thing often.

No malice seen - I was wrong, absolutely right to point it out. :)

I'm an engineer; thankfully not bridges or my being a factor of ten out might get very embarrassing.

Latest posts

Back