How quiet are those "quiet" compressors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prizen

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All

Unfortunately I do not have an opportunity in person to hear a Swan low noise compressors, but one thing is for sure; my current aldi compressor sure is loud, although is fit for my purposes (mainly brad nailing).

It is far too loud for work in the evenings, when my neighbours kids have gone to bed, which is when I have most time to work.

Is the noise reduction in compressors such as those from Swan available at Axsminster marginal over the cheap compressors?

Thanks

I run a Bambi compressor which is supposed to be particularly quiet, it's certainly not silent but at least you can hold a conversation when standing next to it.

No idea about the Swan brand but the Bambi silent compressors they used to sell are very quiet. I think they used to describe those as no louder than a fridge freezer which is a fair description. Certainly gonna be quieter than their TV. I only use it for the nailer and to blow the dust away, doubt they are powerful enough to run an air hungry tool like a sprayer but I'm very happy with my Bambi.

Cheers

Mark

I keep toying with the idea of getting a "Silent" compressor.

I was talking to a chap at Machine Mart and he said he sells loads of them to dentists, and when your in the chair (unfortunately for me that is tomorrrow) you can just about hear them. He reckons that is about as quiet as they get. Unfortunately they don't seem to keep them in stock in stores (certainly not my local one) , so unable to hear one first hand.

You could build an isolation/insulated box if you have the space. Might need additional airflow with a small fan or something but they do make a noisy compressor extremely quiet, especially so with the right materials. Plenty of examples across the net.

Edit- here's one:

[youtube]Txs5Q2V85P8[/youtube]

The reason they describe them as quiet like a fridge is that they basically use a fridge compressor! They are slower to refill, but much more sociable than the oil less piston bangers.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I was looking at the one Gosforth Handyman has in Axminster Warrington today. I was oh so tempted. It was a bit bigger than i have space for, so gunna have a look at one of the little bambi's before i decide.

powertools":gr3k78hz said:
If you are really concerned about noise levels your brad nailer is probably noiser than your compressor.

I'd guess You haven't heard the Aldi version of compressor ! It sounds like a tank, of the military type.

Latest posts

Back