How prices change ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surprising. Prices increase far faster than the interest on savings so, as I keep saying to 'er indoors, when it's something for the workshop it's cheaper to buy now.

Would it be even more distressing if I point out that the price hasn't gone up - the buying power of your cash has gone down. You need to work for more hours to buy the same thing. Cash isn't a very good thing to own - assets are much better. A planer / thicknesser even better again.

It does look good.

Go on press the button, you will feel so much better when it arrives :D

lurker":1oo7npyg said:
Can you get it a bit cheaper by collecting from DJ Evans in bury st Edmunds or Ipswich??

possibly, though I doubt they can beat online prices. I'm going down there this weekend, so will see

By Festool for investment :lol: you can probably store it in a cupboard for a couple of years and sell it for more than you paid (hammer) I heard Lamello are also following suite for the yearly price increases they are doing on their tools

I talked my wife into letting me buy a whole workshop full of 3phase Wadkin.... 2 panel saws (1 was huge) a resaw with a massive blade, cast iron pull saw....
full size spindle with power drive and a huge band saw, on and on.......
over 10 years rebuilt a 17th century water mill plus so many other maching job for others.......
didn't wanna sell but had no choice for the next move.......another 800miles further south into Europe.......
sold the lot one at a time......prob made 100% profit and had the use of them for the whole time.......
good big tools are an INVESTMENT........
Buy what ya want with no regrets......u'll be so happy u did......money is no good in the bank if u need something special.....

Back