How old is old?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well who am I, a mere stripling of 71, to argue with a centenarian? :lol:

Roy.

Not enough 'r's or 'l's but geographically correct :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Morrells_brewery_company_Beermat.jpg

And this was my favorite Morrells pub

http://www.lordkitchener.co.uk/ Ken, the landlord then, was a dower Yorkshireman and when a newcommer went into his pub and remarked negatively on his beer, Morrelles does taste different, he would whip the pint back and give the money back and tell him that if he didn't like the beer then he could go elsewhere! I told him it tasted different the first time and he nearly got mine back, but after I said that different didn't mean bad, just different and that I liked it. We got on well after that and he kept a great pint!

I wonder what it's like now as a pub/restaraunt? Reading the web site it has changed somewhat! Wine? You would have got a very funny look if you'd asked for that and if you wanted to dine then a bag of chrisps with a pickled egg in it was good stuff 8) The beer was poured into a jug in the cellar and poured into your glass from the jug at the bar too.

In my view, there's no such thing as the so called 'good old days'...they're were just 'different old days' For example, in the 'good old days' how did you get to Australia?..by ship and it took months. How about 'phoning Oz?..virtually unheard of. Now I can reach two feet from the keyboard, pick up the fone, punch in the number and speak to someone on the other side of the planet, same with t'interweb - Rob

woodbloke":eavwvtlm said:
......Now I can reach two feet from the keyboard, pick up the fone, punch in the number and speak to someone on the other side of the planet, same with t'interweb - Rob

That is SO last year ! Keyboard and Skype :lol:

That's SO last minute, I just ask my phone to ring whomever I want to talk to.

Of course I keep phoning the wrong people but that's a small price to pay :-D

Nowt wrong with Skype :?

What do you use Farcebook? If there is such a thing as a farsebook ludite then I'm one. I wouldn't touch it with a very long pole ta :shock:

Talking to a phone to ask it nicely to do something? I thought they were just for taking photos and emailing and surfing, etc. Next thing you'll be wanting to use it to phone people on :shock: :?

Latest posts

Back