how often to service my router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
my freud is mounted inverted in my b&q table, my question is this:
" the other night I noticed a built-up of dust around the motor vents, how often do people remove thier router to service it? how about oiling the slide-posts???"

I`m thinking I would need to :
1) blow out the motor vents with my air-line
2) oil the slider-posts
3) remove clean and oil the collet
( 4) check the brushes?)

any thoughts anyone?

regards
steve

Steve,

For my table mounted ELU MOF 177 I blow out the motor housing every day - if I use the router that day. I clean the collet once in a while, when I notice any dirt or dust in there (I blow the collet housing out as well as the motor)

Haven't oiled anything for months, I have never checked the brushes. The router is about 8 or 9 years old now.

Same as Chris but I do oil the slides opnce a month - uisually 3-in-1 or Camelia oil, depends which is closest to hand. I find that the oiling definitely makes a difference to the sliding action

I think Trend market a collet care/cleaning kit but have never tried it

Cheers

Tony

best get the hoover out tonight :shock:

sounds like that poor freud needs a hoover

hi kity user how do you get on with the freud router is it quiet how does it cope with things comments appreciated .

cheers
Rich

how do i get on with it?

Its a solid piece of kit!

Noise is`nt an issue as far as I`m concerned. I`m not really sure how it performs against some of the other bigger routers in this respect (dewalt, elu makita)

As I`ve said before I`m VERY impressed with the power. Raising panels is an experience to behold with one of these things!

The shaft locking mechanism is very solid with very little play, and I have`nt had any problems with the collet.

I know they are small points but you get a nice large chunky bit of flex with it, the speed control is easily accessible and the on switch feels nicely over engineered!

Latest posts

Back