How much??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
his wife asked if I could show him the proper way to hold and use a hammer....!!!

PBF090-Mrs._Hammer.png

The only person who would buy that is someone who would never/could never use it.

It's no good to me there's no cold chisel.

There's no job that can't be done with a hammer and a cold chisel. :)

Nearly fell off the sofa when I saw the price. The tools look about the quality you would expect from poundland. But they only have one left so presumably somebody has bought them. Maybe as a post dinner party mystery object game at Jacob Rees-Mogg's house. When all have had a guess they get some tradesman in who tugs his forelock and says, cap in hand, "No sir, I'm afraid that there's a 'ammer".

My flabber has never been so gasted! Are there really people out there to buy these things?

My flabber has never been so gasted! Are there really people out there to buy these things?

Yes. There are people - lots of them - who would see that as a lovely thing to have decorating their house, or as a throwaway gift.

I find it useful to remember that any time I consider the phrase "more money than sense", it actually means "a lot more money than me". The perspectives are very different.

Perhaps one of the fine woodworkers on this site should contact “Mr Porter” with some suggestions using genuine wood. Perhaps need a foreign sounding trading name.

Here is another one from the site
https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens...he-art-of-gifting-poker-set/31432202864636752

Its says theres only one left though.... of course it could be a clever marketing technique to get the toffs pressing the botton!

How does it work? I.e, how do you convince people to part with a lot of money? For instance, the 300 quid dice in the pik below......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220202-174648_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220202-174648_Chrome.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 13
I received a reply from MR Porter today asking for more details, so I have replied explaining again it is not mahogany but birch ply so contravening trading standards by not being as described and if they insit that it is mahogany as they do 3 times in the page they are in breach of CITES and therefore still breaking the law. I suggested they change to mahogany effect, let us see what happens next

If you look at their contact details apart from the UK number it is all Middle East oil states.

Im sure i can think of something cooler than a dice for their 300 quid 🙂

I shamelessly copied this from the photos of what you last made thread ( i think paul found these on youtube and did one for his wife )
I doubt theyve got 2 of these 😉 more unique than an aluminium dice

Attachments

• 20211126_233853.jpg
    20211126_233853.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211127_001901.jpg
    20211127_001901.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211127_001919.jpg
    20211127_001919.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211128_095332.jpg
    20211128_095332.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 16
We could all club together and buy it as a leaving gift for Boris, no?

No offence intended.
I can’t see Boris being very ‘handy’ somehow, Mind you, he likes to model himself on Churchill, whose hobby was bricklaying

Back