How much to sell a AWEPT106 (PT260) planer thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Cheetham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey. Was just wondering if anyone could advise me how much I should sell my AWEPT106 planer thicknesser for. Its an axminster model but is sold under different names aswell such as record power. The record power one brand new is coming up at £799 with mobile stand. Its nearly 4 years old but in mint condition pretty much. Brand new knives and comes with a set of knife setting jigs from axminster and a mobile base. For all that I paid about £850 brand new. How much do you think I would get for it second hand. Im selling it due to upgrading to a spiral cutter head machine.

Link to a picture of the machine below:

https://ibb.co/RHX3zgp

Do an advanced search on ebay for planer thicknessers. Tick the box to search completed listings and see what sort of machines are selling for what sort of money.
I would not expect more than £400

The older "perform" branded machines (black and yellow) go for £350-£400 - they are pretty much identical to this ( and a fair few other machines from metabo, RP etc!) - you may get a little more if it's in squeaky condition.

I got £400 for it in the end and then bought the at260spt spiral planer thicknesser from axminster. £1649 but completely worth it lol. Its a pain to get the tables and everything set perfect. Not even sorted it yet but i tested it straight out the box and even the results before attempting fine tuning were brilliant. Spiral is the way to go if you cant stand always trying to set normal planer knives lol

Back