how much is the Benchdogs rail square MK2 Festool in the UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrbff

Established Member
Reaction score
Every time I go onto the website I am re-directed to the eu shop and there doesn't seem to be a way of setting the country.
just the square, no systainer.

Yes - so do I - and the currency selector doesn't work either. I have to set up my VPN (which knocks out other connections) and clear cookies - then it works. Silly thing is, you can go TO the .eu site from the .uk one if in the UK (or UK VPN), but not the other way in Europe. Some website developer obviously tried to be too clever and failed.

I have complained on a couple of occasions - they seem to have given up answering my e-mails- so if a few more people e-mail them, who knows.

Maybe looking at easier / cheaper methods should be on the table as we seem to get extra cost just because of the english channel which must partially be french anyway! Ie Mr French buys item in EU and sends it to Mr English as a birthday present having been paid on paypal as freind & family. The reverse can happen and we all get easy access to other markets.

At today's rate, it is cheaper in UK - £105+ = €123.71+ - whereas on the .eu site it is €136.50.

For the most part, I find it cheapest to buy where the item is for sale - carriage and bank charges more than eat away at any potential savings - that is why I want to see the .uk website even though I am working in Europe.

At today's rate, it is cheaper in UK - £105+ = €123.71+ - whereas on the .eu site it is €136.50.

For the most part, I find it cheapest to buy where the item is for sale - carriage and bank charges more than eat away at any potential savings - that is why I want to see the .uk website even though I am working in Europe.
euro 136.50 plus tax so with shipping I think around euro 190.00
i can't see what shipping cost is within UK

Maybe looking at easier / cheaper methods should be on the table as we seem to get extra cost just because of the english channel which must partially be french anyway! Ie Mr French buys item in EU and sends it to Mr English as a birthday present having been paid on paypal as freind & family. The reverse can happen and we all get easy access to other markets.
Not that simple. You have to declare a value, if it is an expensive item you want it insured, especially if you're having it sent to Italy. couriers charge 20 euro just to calculate the vat so it often isn't worth it

Still no reply from Benchdogs. I'm probably just too old but it shouldn't be too much to expect an answer. Puts me off buying one. I could take the view that if they are not bothered about answering a simple question through the website their customer service will be poor too.

Back