How much for ply templates?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

Today I went to buy some wood from a man who bought a house from a cabinet makers son (the cabinet maker unfortunately died). I was like a kid in sweet shop and one of the things I was interested in was a selection of ply templates for cabriole legs etc. There were about 50/60 altogether. But the chap had no idea what to charge me and I had no idea what they were worth. Can anyone give me any guidance on this? One thought I had was how much are they worth to me? But I couldn't even answer that satisfactorily as I've only made a couple of basic ones in the past.

The fact that they are made from ply shows their not overly old, was he a well known cabinet maker? I think if they are useful to you...perhaps a pound/Euro a piece.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure how well known he was and not all the templates are ply (not sure what some of them are). That's a figure I had in mind €1 per piece, but as I've never bought anything like this before I didn't know if I was way off the mark or not.

Thanks for reply.

1 euro is more than adequate - something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it, he probably didn't even know what they were until you told him.

Back