How many times will we ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
...get pulled over, do you guys reckon ?

In a couple of weeks time, me and SWMBO have a 600 mile round trip that we must make down the M6 and M5. I wonder how many times we'll get pulled up ?

I drove about that distance a few weeks back and it was a pleasure as the roads were empty. I went to collect my mum after my step fathers funeral. I was worried and asked a friend who is a police woman and her advice was go for it, obey the speed limits, drive sensibly, the police are not actively searching for people to stop.

If you have a car full of your family, bikes on the back and a boot of beach things, and a police officer happens to pull up next to you at the traffic lights, you may potentially get stopped and asked a few questions.

F.

I'm working away in North Wales and have driven from Buxton Derbyshire to here and back twice in the last week and not been stopped. I did see a police woman pulling over random cars at one point but just managed to drive past. My brother in law came to visit today and did the same trip, and he got stopped near bala north Wales and asked where he was going etc. Luckily he was actually delivering us some rolls of lead for work so had a good excuse.

I wouldn't be worried anyway, it's not illegal to travel you just need to provide a reasonable excuse to stop hassle.
All those fine that are being handed out will be rescinded, they are not really legally enforceable as most judges will tell you the new laws are "ultra vires" and as such will be struck off.

Latest posts

Back