How many seconds did you last.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55 I just hate these time wasters.

I don't think these guys realise it is in their own interest to get the message across as quickly as possible.

The man above has almost as many subscribers as Ishitani furniture. Both of them are just a tad behind Paul Sellers. Add 200k to Paul Sellers and you get Stumpy Nubs or WoodWhisperer. Subtract 200 k from Paul Sellers and you get Matt Estlea. Divide Paul Sellers by 6,5 and you get Tom Fidgen. Multiply Paul Sellers x 3 and you will get Steve Ramsey or Mattias Wendel. Do those numbers tell anything about the content quality or soundness of the advice? NO.

I am more biased towards hand tools, but I think that this guy deserves more views

I wonder how much the financial rewards are these days for click bait videos?

The video makers are becoming more "sophisticated" in their marketing: a title page with a heading that makes it sound original and important information. It never is, of course, but by the time you discover this they have another mark, and Dollar. Many of these click baiters no longer woodwork (if they could ever have been called such) and just make these videos. I suspect Stumpy Nubs is one of them (he was in advertising). I also suspect that he has a team behind him creating the content and supplying the "expertise" he offers up.

YouTube does provide some genuinely good video education. However, the percentage of this is dropping by the hour, and it is becoming harder to find these owing to the overwhelming amount of click bait cr@p.

Regards from Perth

Derek

p.s. I will not click on these videos, preferring only to watch the ones n my own list. Resist the temptation.

One min and 20s. I was waiting for the intro to finish but when he started on the content and that was just as bad. Some people can pull off the '' so bad it's good'' act but I can only describe that as irritating.
Regards
John

Back