How many candles are burning?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• 0-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60-70

• 70+

• Total voters
Chris":2683smw8 said:
Ah, remember that the eyes are the windows of the, soul

Nice cryptic work there!

Seems like the guy I'm dealing with over my erratic electricity supply is a right 'window'!

Cheers

T

Nice one Tim :lol: :lol: :lol:

now I have stopped laughing i will post my score which is 17 weeks from 60
which is when I retire
Started working life at 15 in a tool shop when Bridges drills and B&D D500
were the only offering to non profesionals
left to take up electrical apprentiship,

I like as they say working wif me ands and have built a kit car
I am new to woodwork and am looking forward to retirement
unfortunately I peeked at the Slope and my eyes glazed over,is there no cure but then I am not sure I want it

Nigel

So many trees so little time

carrying a body wrecked by 18 years military service (infantry, carrying up to 100lbs on the back - go and lift a 7 stone machine some time )

Now knocking on 44 next birthday :eek:

SNAP Shady :eek:ccasion5: lol. Served the colours and
whilst at home either helped Dad or my Uncle in Eire
to butcher wood, then learnt to do it professionally.

After being a journeyman in the trade - learning how
to re-build boats both sail and motor, build barns,
restore old houses, restore 16th century and later
furniture I decided to design and make antiques of the future
[-o< he says hopefully.
Now stuck in no-mans land with tools in 3 countries and
no idea where to go next. :?

Still climbing the hill as I approach 57 and wondering where the summit is 8)

Ah..hair...I think I had some of that once. What's left best described as pepper (I think is the 'modish' word)....grey to you and me! Just had my 56th birthday and still physically very active..fortunately. Still like going to the odd high-intensity aerobics class...I used to teach it a long time ago. One young lass once told me that she missed me when I wasn't in the class. About half my age, on further investigation it turned out that she looked at me and my age and thought 'blimey...if he can still do that I'd better work a bit harder'. And there I thought she was after my body :oops:

Work..various...from BBC Outside Broadcasts (great fun), through lecturing, computers (coding, project management, sales, marketing...you name it...I've done it), management consultancy, running my own company. Thought I'd managed to put my feet up as I've not been in regular employment for a couple of years ..trying to get my security camera business up and running...then a headhunter called me so I've had to dust the old suit down and off tomorrow for the first of many interviews. Ah well.....if it comes off then there'll be 'temporary leave of absence' post from me.

Passionate about gliding but after a couple of crashes (one due to the Chief Flying Officer :D and the worser one all my own work :oops: Air ambulance jobbie) I've not done that much.

SWMBO has just announced that now she has her summerhouse she will be emptying out all her stuff from the outbuilding....the PLAN worked!!

Roger":2578zkir said:
on further investigation

clearly a 'would you like a drink in the bar after, m'dear'!! :D

Good luck with the interview tomorrow!

Cheers

Tim

Found out I can't put a piccie direct onto this forum. How can I cure this? You all surely need to know what a devilishly handsome bloke you're dealing with :lol: :roll:

Back