How many active turners remain in UKWorkshop ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, thanks, I don't yearn for large bowls or anything, but the notion of electronic speed control definitely appeals.

Anyway ill need to be producing better stuff on the present lathe than I am at the moment to warrant spending any money on a better one.

It depends entirely what sized stuff you wish to turn - many people get by perfectly well with an ML8. If you use something else with variable speed and a swivelling headstock you'd never go back to one though.

I started 2 years ago and yep I am lucky enough to turn pretty much daily. To be honest it’s what keeps me me from going mad during these lockdowns,

Well, have been turning since I began in 1954 in England On a Wolf Cub kit, making Egg Cups. , In my 3rd marriage, was living in Ubonratchathani Thailand 2017-11, then back to UK, till 2019, then packed up, to return to Phibun Mangsahan- and now having a Workshop built, but had a nasty fall at 90 years of age, so recovery is slower than I hoped for- with Covid Quarantine getting in the way== waiting to unpack all Tools- but Cement rendering, elec installation, and benches then to create== it is slow progress,= I HAVE DRIVE, so who knows./
Thanks Blister - The Accident -? I tripped doing ashortcut across the lawn, at immigration, jumped up, thought nothing of it, till 2 daYS LATER, WHEN MY HANDS, WRISTS AND SHOULDERS GOT SWOLLEN - NOW MOSTLY SORTED, BUT TODAY, MY LEFT ANKLE IS A BIT STIFF - BUT i MUST GET THERE - hAVE TO GET BOXES OF TOOLS, pLANERS, SAW BENCHES, AND TWO BANDSAWS OUT OF THE LOUNGE SOON, OR THE WIFE WILL GIVE UP ON ME! tHANKS FOR THE INTEREST \BLISTER. TAKE CARE. dON eXCUE THE CAPITALS. DON

HappyPixie is still turning. Just got made redundant, though, with minimum payout so I'll have a little more time to turn while I'm applying for a new job. Not the best time to be doing that, though!
Toodlepip!
Steve

For those turners new and old who may be interested, Record Power have been doing a series of online teaching demos using Zoom, free to any interested parties. This is a worldwide programme with timings to suit all time zones. Theo Haralampou from Oz and Pat Carroll from UK are the presenters. For an invite just send an email to [email protected] and put RSVP in the subject line. Include your country location in the message and you will receive an invitation to join by return giving you all the details. There have been some brilliant bits done, especially by Theo and I've learnt several new tricks watching him. Well worth a look and as said, free. I have attached the next schedule below.

Attachments

• image003.png
    image003.png
    706.4 KB · Views: 4
I only turn when the item is part of a larger project. I use a Record DML 24X because it is easily dismantled/assembled when needed.

Back