How many active turners remain in UKWorkshop ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep would like to spend more time, day job gets in the way.
These are my last project for charity.
Would like some lessons but they don't come cheap, but maybe one day.

Attachments

• Tulips Aug 20 (1).JPG
    Tulips Aug 20 (1).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 8
Put it this way- I'm not not turning. I am doing all my woodworking from a small corner of our crowded garage. At the moment, my main lathe is in storage and my small Jet is squeezed beside grinder, next to my small bandsaw piled with various bits and bobs on top of my router table.

Due to move into my new workshop next year, so looking forward to space and making shavings on the lathe.

Hello, I am a new turner. Just got my hands on a Tyme lathe with five speeds, it needed tlc which is now complete and seems to be working ok.
After reading a few books I can round off a square piece of stock and make various random shapes/mouldings.

Yep , still turning 😁👍🏼 Got a huge chunk of monkey puzzle tree to trim with my chain saw , so it fits on my Axminster Trade 1628 ! As said before , still can't get an electrician interested in fitting a new on / off switch to my 1HP single phase bandsaw 🤷‍♂️ Which I would of used to to trim the monkey puzzle to " round " , to fit my lathe . Maybe I'll go further afield in my search for an available electrician 😃👍🏼

Yep , still turning 😁👍🏼 Got a huge chunk of monkey puzzle tree to trim with my chain saw , so it fits on my Axminster Trade 1628 ! As said before , still can't get an electrician interested in fitting a new on / off switch to my 1HP single phase bandsaw 🤷‍♂️ Which I would of used to to trim the monkey puzzle to " round " , to fit my lathe . Maybe I'll go further afield in my search for an available electrician 😃👍🏼

Can't you buy a new switch and do this yourself ?
Un plug the saw from the mains loosen the switch from the saw , take a photo of the connections before undiong any wires , , Swap the wires across one at a time , Re fit the switch , Plug it back in the mains , Ask the wife to come and push the button :) Job done

Just starting at the tender age of 72 I have threaded the acorn, its a snug fit but practiced threading for a week before hand, I am sure its not perfect but i was pleased with my attempt.
The acorn is walnut and pear.View attachment 91040

Nothing wrong with the acorn , It looks very good , Keep it up

Hi all, been on a break from this website, not sure why... Oh, yeah I do. Short term memory loss diagnosed by the doctors...
Still turning, but re-learning it all over again. Got some new tools, looking forward to getting the lathe back up and running...

Hi, I'm doing some turning, not much in the summer, too nice to be stuck in the workshop. So will be back at it once the weather turns and the nights draw in.

Attachments

• 20200107_201836.jpg
    20200107_201836.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back