How good is SIP stuff?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
I've come across more and more of their stuff being advertised and as it appears to be quite a bit cheaper than comparable makes I wonder what the quality was like.

Does anybody have any experience with this kit? What's it like to live with?

I tend to believe you get what you pay for but I also like a bargin!! :D

Hi Stuart

I would select search at the top of the screen and type in sip and also select Buying Advice as the search forum.

You will get lots of views.

Cheers
Neil

Hi Stuartpaul

I've got the 10x6 planer/thicknesser plus the dust extraction kit. No running problems and has an hobbyist it works OK for me. I wouldn't expect it to stand up to 12hours a day, day in or day out though. But then for the total outlay of under £500 I wouldn't expect it too.

I have same P?T as DW and it is superb - a direct copy of elektra beckum but loads cheaper. As DW said, not for 12 hours per day use but for hobbiest absolutely superb

Thanks for the responses. Looks like they might be worth a more serious look.

Out of interest anyone know who the parent company is? I've found in the past that some makes are rather 'incestuous' and only the badge changes!!

I have no experience of their large equipment, but I purchased their scroll saw and it is poor. Excessive vibration which makes it extremely difficult to cut small shapes.
You know the expression " you get what you pay for" and that is the case with the scroll saw. Although I only purchased the machine a few weeks ago, I am seriously thinking of changing it.

Latest posts

Back