How does this work?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
How come you can see a reflected image of the burners and the pot stands UNDER the steel Base disc sitting on the glass.
If you point your finger straight down at the burner centre you can see your finger in the reflection.
Fisher-Paykel Hob1.jpg
Fisher-Paykel Hob2.jpg

Attachments

• Fisher-Paykel Hob1.jpg
    Fisher-Paykel Hob1.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 647
  • Fisher-Paykel Hob2.jpg
    Fisher-Paykel Hob2.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 605
Anybody good with ray diagrams and Sketchup to help Chas out? I know the principles, but am wellied into a big painting job, so can't take time to draw, then scan, doodles.

Sam

Thanks for the heads up about Ray Diagrams SammyQ, too many years since I had to get my head around those had forgotten the basics and was stuck on refraction.

Found a GCSE YT vid.explanation.
plane reflection.jpg

Attachments

• plane reflection.jpg
    plane reflection.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 535
lies, all lies. it's witchcraft plane and simple.

Next you'll be trying to tell us the earth is a close approximation of a spheroid with a bulge near the equator caused by gravitational distortion from the large mass of the star that it orbits. all lies propagated by them to keep good hard working folks like me and you down.

also, JFK was an inside job, area 52 has aliens in it, you are being watched by an MI5 agent right now and lord Lucan works in our chippy.

:lol: :wink:

That's it Chas! Sorry I couldn't hunt it down for you, I'd got halfway across the ceiling and was on a quick caffeine break!
Novocaine, I like your style. I'm going to show this thread and your post in particular to the singing nonogenarian next door, Eric L. Viss...
Sam

Thanks John Brown; I had a similar "Doh!!" moment twenty minutes after posting "non-sequitur"...slaps forehead...

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back