How does one construct a metal shed with no instructions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BML

Reaction score
I have just bought a small metal shed which looked great on the adverts but it came with no construction instructions at all. Has anyone had that experience?

Can you get in touch with the seller or manufacturer? It's possibly just missing. Also search on line. Sometimes the information is on line so they don't have the cost of printing.
I have enough problems even when I have the instructions with the modern picture only type. Failing getting instructions, I would look at the advert and try to figure out how it all goes together, then do a test assembly, to see what goes wrong.

Just don't tighten anything up too much incase you have to undo it later!

Annoyingly, you can't always rely on matching up the holes, I put a metal shed together years ago, with instructions, and still ended up redrilling. I'd definately try to source the instructions (do you know a make and model to google?), if no luck there then I'd do a google image search, look closely at all the seams, get (make?) a good large square and reliable spirit level, think about where rain water will go, and as others have said don't make any fixings you can't undo. Good Luck

I have just bought a small metal shed which looked great on the adverts but it came with no construction instructions at all. Has anyone had that experience?

Can you provide any information on the manufacturer, where you bought it, or anything that would help identify the shed, just in case a member here has a similar shed? I bought a metal shed kit from a local hardware store, and even with the instructions, it was an all-day job to assemble it.

1614603730921.png

That's good to hear. I built a Yardmaster years ago and it was hard work WITH instructions. One piece of advice is to think about if you want shelves etc. to fix to the walls. If so buy a pack of longer stainless steel screws and fit studwork inside to screw the steel sheets to. These screws should replace the Yardmaster screws used to join sheets or join to metal frame. Also apply sealant to all joints before screwing together, I recommend OB1 from Screwfix.

hope this is useful

Back