How do you know you're getting old...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D_W

Established Member
Reaction score
....when you see news stories about rockers who had a long career and are now getting sober and leaving the scene because their lives have fallen apart.

Though when I was young, if this was rappers (well, that still applies), I wouldn't have a clue who they were either unless they were mainstream charting.

What is "Imagine Dragons?"

I thought from the title that the band's name was "Imagine Dragon's Dan".

How do I know I'm getting old?

That's easy because my nearly sixteen year old granddaughters (twins) tell me I'm an antique. I tell them in response that I pre-date antiquity. They're not yet old enough to be able to conceive time that far back, so I still win, ha, ha. Slainte.

Nothing to do with health, eyesight, joints, general decrepitude, morality, music etc etc.

When you are young, old people don't understand.

When you are old, young people don't understand.

Nothing changes - to ones contemporaries, one is always of an age.

Far better to go through life, however short or long, however troubled or otherwise, enjoying each day for what it brings.

If the negatives consistently start to dominate your daily experience, then its probably time to move on - depending on belief, upwards to the angels, down to eternal damnation, a new existence, or fertiliser.

I'm not sure whether my last post may upset some - if so apologies.

What I do find distressing about age is watching old movies with ladies who I once found attractive only to realise they are now 80+ if indeed they are still with us!

I'm not sure whether my last post may upset some - if so apologies.

What I do find distressing about age is watching old movies with ladies who I once found attractive only to realise they are now 80+ if indeed they are still with us!

Well you didn't upset me Terry. And you're bang on about one thing, e.g. Sophie Loren :cool:

It's when you're about to ring someone to relate something funny or strange and you suddenly remember, they're dead.

Unfortunately the list is growing too fast.

I find it so hard to get up off my knees.....
oh, plus eye sight going .....hahaha....
My much younger (20 years) wife says she's sleeping with a pensioner now, to all who will listen.....lol....
and only one person has ever said is that ur dad......hahaha....

I still enjoy everyday but not sure if it's the pills doing it....hahaha....

Nothing to do with health, eyesight, joints, general decrepitude, morality, music etc etc.

When you are young, old people don't understand.

When you are old, young people don't understand.

Nothing changes - to ones contemporaries, one is always of an age.

Far better to go through life, however short or long, however troubled or otherwise, enjoying each day for what it brings.

If the negatives consistently start to dominate your daily experience, then its probably time to move on - depending on belief, upwards to the angels, down to eternal damnation, a new existence, or fertiliser.
I'd add be positive for when your incapacitated by Stoke cancer or dementia then the outlook shown in the previous 70 years will the expressed in sickness!!

Well I quite like aging, you can get away with a lot.
And I think old age is a good time to take up the criminal profession. If your 20 and a copper catches you lurking down an alley somewhere he'll pull out his truncheon and arrest you. When you're in your 70's he'll think poor old guy, he must be lost

Back