How do I lose my newbie status?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn beaten to it, but at least I've now got to 50 posts. Now if only I could get around to doing some woodworking to justify the moniker :?

Graeme

It's a classic example of 'never mind the quality, feel the width'. Or should that be 'never mind the quality, fill the bandwidth'?

;) :)

Gill

So, what does ydb1md stand for then?

Noel

Long story short . . . here goes . . .

I live near washington d.c. When I got my first job out of college, there was a DJ in d.c. whose nickname was ydb. My name is Dave Brown, so the guys in the office got to calling me ydb and the nickname stuck. When I began using the internet, I used ydb1 as my handle because most names like dbrown or daveb were already taken and you couldn't have a three character name. Somewhere along the line, places started asking for longer names than ydb1 so I stuck the md on the end since I live in Maryland. Now when I need to sign up for anything, I use the name ydb1md. :)

Alf":w96hbnc0 said:
No. I believe Charley has the technology to reduce your post count if the system is abused. [-X

Cheers, Alf

Yes that's correct, so be careful Dave [-X I'll let you off just this once though :wink:

Philly":2bxtb2ji said:
Hang on-Charley, are you upping your own postings there??? :lol: :lol:
<snigger> I thought the same thing, which is why I didn't delete the duplicate and spoil the comic timing of the 'puter gremlins. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Back