How do I get the bearing off the shaft cylander thing?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Ives

The second one with the rubber seals.

Did you manage to get it off? I had to cut one off with a dremel this weekend!!!

Pete

Racers":18ivtgb1 said:
Hi, Ives

The second one with the rubber seals.

Did you manage to get it off? I had to cut one off with a dremel this weekend!!!

Pete

Yes, my husband got them off with a screwdriver and hammer somehow! I'll get the rubber seal ones, thanks!

I just got my new bearings. I put them on the cooker which is off but warm from dinner, and the shafts in the freezer, as someone suggested to do. The only thing is that one of the shafts, close to the end, sort of has a lip of a thin metal ring around it. Is that bad, should I get a new one, and how do get one, ie what's it called, etc, etc! I can try and take a photo.

Ives":2hx5bv2y said:
The only thing is that one of the shafts, close to the end, sort of has a lip of a thin metal ring around it. Is that bad, should I get a new one, and how do get one, ie what's it called, etc, etc! I can try and take a photo.

Grind or file the lip off. It sounds like the bearing was loose on the shaft and the previous owner peened the shaft over to keep it on there. If the new bearing is loose, you can epoxy it onto the shaft (carefully, so the glue doesn't get into the bearing).

Of course, posting a photo will help us make sure.

Kirk

Back