How can they sell it for that price

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AJB Temple":2dpx1cm3 said:
Waitrose charge between £2.80 and £3.20 for their varieties of (fairly) freshly baked quality sourdough.

I can't speak for Waitrose "sourdough" bread but a friend of mine,who worked in Tesco's bakery until recently, admitted that theirs was "sourdough" flavour. So no long proving etc.

Andrew1":3b5ncvjp said:
hi thanks all for coming back. The main reason for asking was geared around trying to source hardwood for some chopping boards at a reasonable price to practice on, i have no desire to sell or make money. I couldnt find anywhere near to Peterborough where i could source oak off cuts etc at a reasonable price

Have you tried MAC Timbers? They are near Peterborough I think.

I made a few boards as Christmas presents this year. Actually I think I made seven and kept the one on the right in the picture

Colin

Attachments

• serving boards.jpg
    serving boards.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 70
Will

Waitrose is the genuine article. There has been a recent expose on supermarket "sourdough" breads. Waitrose was one of very few to be made with a genuine fermented starter. Also high quality flour.

Back