How can I improve my Clarke Table Saw Fence?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danst96

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am very new to this forum so not sure the best way to go about this but recently I bought a Clarke CTS14 table saw to help with some night stands I am making from Walnut. I have some limited joinery background and have mostly just focused on wood turning in the past however am confident I can make something nice.

The issue I have is the table saw is not very accurate. I have got a digital angle meter which helps setting up my mitres however the biggest issue is the rail is quite flimsy and only locks on the front (doesnt have a runner across the back) and seems to move when sawing. Additionally, as it is a cheap saw, the top is also aluminium and is a bit "sticky" with the wood which again doesn't help with the accuracy. Lastly the mitre guide is very rudimentary. I know the obvious thing here is to buy something better but I have a very limited budget and am starting off small to see how I go before investing in bigger/better tools.

Does anyone have any tips as how to:
1. improve the rail so its sturdier/more accurate
2. reduce the "stickiness" of the table
3. and lastly does anyone have an experience with improved mitre guides?

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this!

By rail I guess you mean fence.

How about G clamping a piece of timber behind it across the table to stop and spring in the fence?

To reduce stickiness give it a polish with beeswax or pledge etc.

Re the mitre guide. I'd use the sliding table instead perhaps temporarily glue a strip of wood 90 to the blade and use that???

cheers James

Sorry good call i changed it. Noob as you can see. That helps, i will try that this afternoon and will give the wax a go as well. Thanks for your help.

Back