House insurance during building

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":2y9pb0g8 said:
Rorschach":2y9pb0g8 said:
.....Out of interest, what is the wording of the company you worked for?

"Nil Payum Uppum" ?

:D On the contrary Roger ... plain English and contrary to popular belief most insurance companies actually work very hard to pay what’s due under an insurance policy.

We specified that the property was occupied as the main residential dwelling of the policyholder/family and that it would not be unoccupied for more than 28 consecutive days. Alongside all key clauses was examples of what was meant. On the occupancy one we stated clearly that this meant living in as opposed to attending or inspecting the property.

Blackswanwood":8315z6m1 said:
RogerS":8315z6m1 said:
Rorschach":8315z6m1 said:
.....Out of interest, what is the wording of the company you worked for?

"Nil Payum Uppum" ?

:D On the contrary Roger ... plain English and contrary to popular belief most insurance companies actually work very hard to pay what’s due under an insurance policy.

We specified that the property was occupied as the main residential dwelling of the policyholder/family and that it would not be unoccupied for more than 28 consecutive days. Alongside all key clauses was examples of what was meant. On the occupancy one we stated clearly that this meant living in as opposed to attending or inspecting the property.

Ok great, but what constitutes living in? Attending and inspecting of course could be done in a minute, so I can see why that is void, but does sleeping there overnight class as living in?

I checked my own policy and it also defines occupied...sanitary ware, cooking appliance and a bed.

Digressing slightly, it always seems to me a tad unfair with car insurance (especially not a new one) where you could have shelled out over£600 for a set of new tyres and on the way back home, some muppet writes-off your vehicle. You'll never get back a fair price to include the £600 that you just shelled out. I guess the only way would be to sure the other driver for the difference.

Back