House dust extractor outside? Lean to?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this idea was shot down by the missus. Looks like I’ll have to live with the extractor in the garage space!
"you aint stickin that noisy great thing out there, where's Niamh going to play on the swing?"

Is putting it the ceiling above you not an option?

Its a Felder AF14, Too big for my ceiling. Where did you learn that Irish name!

Never plan anything before getting it approved first!

My methodology is to get it done while she’s away and take appropriate action thereafter based upon the severity of reaction. Otherwise I wouldn’t be in this hobby !

Answer to request for approval “ there’s no way you’re spending that much on another saw, why do you need another saw, you’re not even in the profession...”

Answer to bank balance drop “..........[several days elapsed]…....”

Last edited:
My 2 bag extractor is in it's own little shed built onto the end of a sectional concrete garage. The shed was built from left over pieces of twin wall polycarbonate with 2 louvre vents in the lift out door. A length of 4" soil pipe goes through the T & G gable end of the garage to an elbow & flexible hose to the extractor.
As it's only used with a planer or thicknesser the length of time it's on is minimal. A sectional garage by definition is draughty so no need for additional air intake & the heat loss is taken care of by a wood burning stove.

So go for it. If you are worried about heat loss or pressure differences a second hole, filtered on the extractor side & a door on the workshop might be a solution.

Latest posts

Back