House bound so did this

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Terrible weather down here in Devon this week so got out the water colours.

Dartmoor in Autumn near Avon Dam. (from a photofraph I took 25 years ago.

&

A wet day at a Corfu beach around 10 years ago.

Attachments

• avon dam.jpg
    avon dam.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 762
  • corfu wet day w.jpg
    corfu wet day w.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 761
Avon Dam ahhhhhh...............camped there over night once, place is full of cute little wild trout. Excellent breakfast fodder.

Jealous as heel over the painting, I had to give up playing hangman as nobody could decipher my scribbles.

Regards

Richard

fluffflinger":2bn8q14x said:
Avon Dam ahhhhhh...............camped there over night once, place is full of cute little wild trout. Excellent breakfast fodder.

Jealous as heel over the painting, I had to give up playing hangman as nobody could decipher my scribbles.

Regards

Richard

Richard if you would like a copy of the original photograph send me a pm with you email address.

Excellent John. I do like the autumn scene too. I used to dabble with water colours many years ago, even had an exhibition at a local gallery and sold one or two. Sorry to say I haven't painted anything for a few years now. :(

Nice watercolours. I too used to paint in watercolour but when my class stopped I found it difficult to set aside the time to continue.

Not easy either, watercolours.

I really wish I could draw or paint. Not a single ounce of artistic flair in me.

devonwoody":267zeesw said:
A wet day at a Corfu beach around 10 years ago.

Had a week in Corfu about 10 years ago. June it was. We stayed in Roda, in the North. Hired a car and went everywhere. A more relaxed and unspoilt land I have never seen. In the mountains was a market town called Makredes. An old lady was standing in the middle of the road/track stopping any tourists and selling them wine and honey. Felt obliged to buy a few bottles and took a few pics of the old sweety.

It rained (thunderstorms) almost the entire week. Our photos of the holiday are hilarious. Umbrellas in almost every one. But it's still our favorite holiday.

Wet back a few years later and got much better weather. Went to Makredes again and the old lady's daughter had taken over the family 'business'.

Can't wait to go again.

Roy

Thanks all for your encouraging remarks.

Doorframe I think we were there the same year (10 years ago) and we stayed next door at Sidari. We went to Roda a few times and used to go to the waterfront and use an outdoor restaurant and have Bream for dinner.
It was the end of the season and we turned up again a Thursday evening and it had gone. It appears it happens all over the island at the end of the season, when their stock runs down they just shut down. We had to go hungry the last three days apart from Chinese.

Done some paintings of Roda, drove on the sands when the tide was out and painted with the air conditioning running.

Roda for doorframe.

I stitched up and made a panorama of three photographs of the beach.

Attachments

• rodaw3.jpg
    rodaw3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 543
Back