hotmail access blocked

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boggy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have used hotmail for about 20 years without problem but my access is now blocked. The de-blocking instructions do not work and I do not know how to contact anyone to ask for help.
Anyone know?

Can you provide more details on exactly what you mean by “blocked” please, including any error messages you get when trying to login?

Sean

When this happened to me someone in China had taken over both my hotmail and my ebay account and was selling nonexistent £200 handbags to people on the strength of my 100% ebay feebdack. So check out your other online profiles especially if they have the same password as your hotmail.

When I try to login I get a message saying that my account has been locked; send us your phone number and we will send a code to restore access. I do this and nothing happens. The password is unique to hotmail and I have not found any problems with other sites. How can I contact whoever operates hotmail?

My .com is working ok and SWMBO's .co.uk are both working ok.

When you go to log in click on "I've forgotten my password" and then reset it and see what happens.

4D7D653B-51E6-458F-82C7-0F6AA627A1D0.png

From memory when this happened to me I could never get through to anyone and just had to give up on my account. I may be remembering this wrong as it was about 10 years ago that I ‘sold’ all those handbags. The UK support phone number is above.

When I try to login I get a message saying that my account has been locked; send us your phone number and we will send a code to restore access. I do this and nothing happens. The password is unique to hotmail and I have not found any problems with other sites. How can I contact whoever operates hotmail?

Hotmail is owned by Microsoft. You can get issues with not receiving the code, like your phone settings blocking it or just Hotmail being rubbish. Can you try another number, like your wife or friend?

It can get very annoying with companies requesting phone numbers for verification, insisting it's in your best interests, but it can cause a lot of hassle especially when it doesn't go smoothly.

Always remember, too, that when you use any "free" provision (like Hotmail or Googlemail or whatever), you are not their customer.

You are the product that they are selling.

Back