Horrifying safety reminder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I thought that, how do you manage to so precisely nail so many times around the back of the head? Hmm......

Did anyone see the "sex on the job series"? The builder who's girlfriend came to see him whilst he was working late. Got a bit frisky and he sat on the nailgun? Stapled his hip in position. Had to be taken by the site security card in his car, with his ar*e pushed against the windscreen 'cos he couldn't sit down?

Adam

saw it and immediately thought of Aragorn's acupuncture practise...don't know why

Like I always say - I'd forget my head if it wasn't nailed on!

Actually, I say "screwed on" but it's darned hard to fill your head with screws even using one of those fancy automatic, self loading screw-drivers.

yikes.....

like I needed another reason not to get one of these...

I agree tho... looks a bit suspicious to be self inflicted...

First question - was he married?
Second question - was there a mistriss innvolved?
Third question - when last was he in Corsica?
Fourth question - did it hurt?
:( :( :(

A man who had six nails driven into his head by a nail gun in a construction accident said Wednesday that he is lucky to be alive. Doctors said he should make a full recovery.

Isidro Mejia, 39, made his first public appearance since he was taken to the hospital on April 19. Sitting in a wheelchair, the Lancaster man said in Spanish that he didn't remember much about the accident.

"He says that he's very happy to be alive," said Dr. Rafael Quinonez, a neurosurgeon who removed the nails at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills. "And he told me this morning that he thought he was going to die. He was happy when he opened his eyes and he saw that he's still with us."

Quinonez said Mejia told authorities he remembered a "shock" to the back of his neck and little else before passing out.

Mejia is walking with minimal assistance and he speaks somewhat slowly because his brain's speech center was affected, but his progress has been "remarkable," and with rehabilitation therapy he should make a full recovery, Quinonez said.

"He is basically normal," he said, calling the recovery "close to a miracle."

Mejia was atop an unfinished home in the Antelope Valley when he fell onto a co-worker who was using the nail gun, Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Mark Newlands said.

The two men tried to grab each to keep from falling to the ground. At some point, the nail gun discharged and drove six nails into Mejia's face, neck and skull.

"They're extremely powerful," Newlands said. "They've got to drive through three-quarter-inch plywood."

The co-worker was not cited.

"There was no criminal act involved," Newlands said.

Mejia and the other man apparently were atop wooden trusses and were helping secure the frame of the house when Mejia lost his balance, fell into the other man and then plunged 15 feet to the ground, said Dean Fryer of the state's Division of Occupational Health and Safety, which is investigating the accident.

The other worker grabbed a beam that broke his fall, he added.

Mejia was flown to the hospital.

Quinonez said three of the 3.5-long nails entered Mejia's brain and one entered his spine below the base of his skull.

They missed his brain stem and spinal cord by fractions of an inch, preventing paralysis or death. One entered his left ear but missed the eardrum, the doctor said.

"He was in a coma," Quinonez said. "We did not have too much hope that he would survive, but we did it and he survived."

Five nails were removed the same day. The sixth, which went into his ear and into tissue under his skull, was trickier to reach safely, Quinonez said. It was removed on April 23, the hospital said.

Next week he will win the lottery! Was there ever a luckier guy? He avoided death at least 7 times (6 nails plus fall). Just call him Felix.

:lol:
You get the feeling from reading through the story 'someone' else was involved possibly pulling the trigger, seems a bit unlikely in my book but I won't be trying it to prove a point :p :D

Back