hopping mad

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gregmcateer":1k9f2wpi said:
B@~£$%ds!!

I'm getting more and more cynical about the big boys - they really do think they can throw their weight around - they know most of us will just give up and push off.

My bro has just been onto Virgin, after 'upgrading' to fibre optic broadband, which they assured him was the canine's testicles. Turns out after 5 months of absolutely snail paced bb, they are rectifying a fault and have moved fixing date back another 2 months.

THey offered him 50 quid, or stop contract, (though NOT for the mobile, telephone or calls - said they'll see him in court for it. He's going to see if they do fix it by year end, as (second) promise, they see if they will brass it out into court.

Good luck and let us know the result for you

Greg

I found the Small Claims Court very good. They use a Court near to the claimant so the company has to travel. It costs £60 upwards, but you add it onto the claim. Generally, you will not get costs awarded against you if you fail unless the claim is considered frivolous. We eventually went to mediation and I got what I wanted.

Claim was against KLM for cancelled flight they wouldn't pay under EC 261/2004. They brought a London based aviation lawyer in and he sent me 12 pages of defence based upon the Montreal Convention - defence rebutted in one sentence ' ...cancellations are outside the scope of the Montreal Convention. ' - don't you just love a smart ass !! Judge unimpressed with the Montreal Convention argument and said so in no uncertain terms.

I'd go to Small Claims Court again tomorrow, quite enjoyed the experience. It was all done on line and the mediation by telephone .

Brian

n0legs":3go86rwl said:
powertools":3go86rwl said:
n0legs":3go86rwl said:
I'm currently at odds with Orange over a problem with a phone from Carphone Shithouse. Got the debt collectors coming apparently, bring 'em on I'll get me heavy boots on.

How can you end up having a bad situation with Orange over problems with a hand set they did not supply?

.......but CW are a good cash cow for all the networks.
FIN.

Phones4Us got stuffed recently by the networks, who I understand want to sell direct. It maybe CW are next and they can see the writing on the wall so can't be bothered with customer service

Brian

wizard":1oy0rv4y said:
should have gone to argos
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sim-Free-...14656?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item540593a3c0
If you've had the product for up to 1 year, we'll repair the product or, if that's not possible, give you a replacement or, if that's not possible, a refund.

I don't think you are necessarily comparing like-with-like. If the OP got the phone as part of a monthly contract then chances are his upfront cost for the phone was zero. Regardless, his contract is with Cowboy Warehouse.

I hope everybody having problems with this company gets things sorted out, their customer service policy seems to be Carphone Stickitupyourarse.

I generally try to buy stuff from retailers that I know have a good returns/service policy, doesn't always get me the best deal or choice but saves me dealing with rubbish like you all seem to be suffering with - lifes to short.

What's hapened to Trading Standards. Or don't they have such things in Cornwall?

Perhaps it's time to get the Press involved if Carphone Warehouse are so silly as to think they can get away with such behaviour. Speak with the Press office of one of the tabloids if Trading Standards are so backward in not taking any action. They in turn will get slated if they ignor this issue.

You don't need a very powerful nailer for cedar as it's not a dense wood so anything that can handle upto 35mm should be OK. I've recently done a cedar featheredge fence using a Dewalt dc618 cordless and had it on the lowest setting

Cheers
Andy

SurreyHills":35qiwfbc said:
You don't need a very powerful nailer for cedar as it's not a dense wood so anything that can handle upto 35mm should be OK. I've recently done a cedar featheredge fence using a Dewalt dc618 cordless and had it on the lowest setting

Cheers
Andy
Really ?

BTW PhilP, Cambornes alright with me

doro are going to repair it, what makes me hopping mad is the fact that the law says it’s up to car phone warehouse to replace it and they say there is no warranty with them for a doro phone and only 6 months repair only with any other phone. If i had bought the same phone from argos they would have swapped it for a new one.

she is back from doro

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 586
well it lasted a week and it had to go back and I get a replacement and that lasts a week lost count now on how many I have had, sending the latest one back this week the Q is a W it was my fault for not buying it on a credit card, I think the best thing to do is bin it as I am sure the next one will be rubbish. as for trading standards they seem to be a waste of time.

Just been on the phone to doro and they said take it back to the shop I bought it from for a refund as they never do a refund on faulty goods and nether do the car phone warehouse. so the only thing i can do is what other people do and bin it.

letter to watchdog
Bought my doro 810 phone from car phone warehouse after a week the keypad lost the letters on the outside, I left it about five months before returning to Camborne as I do not get out a lot. Car phone warehouse told me there warranty is for one month only, and said I had to send it back to doro. I asked what about my consumer rights and they said I have none with car phone warehouse.
i sent the phone back to doro and they repaired it, after a few days the keypad stopped working on the outer edges again. I sent it back and they sent me a second hand replacement. The replacement only lasted a few days and the keypad is faulty on one side. i phoned up doro and said i have searched the internet and this seems to be a problem with this phone and I would like a refund, the very abrupt reply was we never give refunds. the shop will do nothing and doro will do nothing. The phone cost me £100.00 the case £25.00 and the price of a spare battery. so much for consumer rights. now what can I do apart from bin the lot of it.

Back