hope they don't expect her to park it

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RogerS":39bw0rjf said:
They really are the bees knees.

And don't call me Shirley.

:lol:

agreed, ironic that this particular specimen can fly a plane like that, yet Mrs KU struggle to park a car........

no dear turn the wheel the OTHER way....

:oops:

Karen

My old dad who was Fleet Air Arm for 24 years was always very dismissive of the RAF in their 'toy' (his words not mine) aeroplanes. If you wanted to see a proper aerobatic team flying big front line aircraft, then this was the one to look at.
Btw, don't the RAF fly their aircraft sideways :lol: - Rob

At least the RAF know how to use their weapons, not like naval boarding parties in the Persian Gulf.

:p

I think any pilot who joins the Red Arrows has achieved something to be proud of, irrespective of their gender. What surprised me was that she doesn't have a Harrier background. Back in the 80s, anyone in the Red Arrows without a Harrier background was a rarity.

Gill":2ejjhh68 said:
At least the RAF know how to use their weapons, not like naval boarding parties in the Persian Gulf.

...and that from an ex-matelot(iIrc), shame on you Gill :lol: :lol: - Rob

woodbloke":bvnr8e8r said:
My old dad who was Fleet Air Arm for 24 years was always very dismissive of the RAF in their 'toy' (his words not mine) aeroplanes. If you wanted to see a proper aerobatic team flying big front line aircraft, then this was the one to look at.
Btw, don't the RAF fly their aircraft sideways :lol: - Rob

They had nice uniforms rob-
thumb_Copy_of_suit_rdx.jpg

woodbloke":13ik53qe said:
Gill":13ik53qe said:

[-X

I was a crab, not a fish-head. Can't you tell?

;) :)

Gill":1knv8j3v said:
woodbloke":1knv8j3v said:
Gill":1knv8j3v said:

[-X

I was a crab, not a fish-head. Can't you tell?

;) :)
...is that why you walk funny? :lol: :lol: :lol: - Rob

You know why air force bods are called 'crabs', don't you?

When the RAF was established back in 1918, the government decided to give it a uniform which was distinctive from navy and army uniforms. So it hunted around and came across a fabric manufacturer who had been awarded a contract to supply the Imperial Russian cavalry with a blue-grey cloth. Unfortunately, the Russian Revolution had intervened and the manufacturer had been left with swathes of fabric that it could not get rid of. The government, spying a bargain, bought it as a job lot and gave it to the fledgling RAF.

When the navy saw the new uniform, they instantly noticed that its colour matched an unguent which matelots used to treat infected genitalia. Hence RAF personnel have been known as 'crabs' ever since.

Gill":1fz8hnjs said:
You know why air force bods are called 'crabs', don't you?

When the RAF was established back in 1918, the government decided to give it a uniform which was distinctive from navy and army uniforms. So it hunted around and came across a fabric manufacturer who had been awarded a contract to supply the Imperial Russian cavalry with a blue-grey cloth. Unfortunately, the Russian Revolution had intervened and the manufacturer had been left with swathes of fabric that it could not get rid of. The government, spying a bargain, bought it as a job lot and gave it to the fledgling RAF.

When the navy saw the new uniform, they instantly noticed that its colour matched an unguent which matelots used to treat infected genitalia. Hence RAF personnel have been known as 'crabs' ever since.
Gill - now I didn't know that...interesting - Rob

Back