Honing Guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedantry alert!

Do you mean a grinding guide?

Anyway, Kell 2 with big wheels. I don’t get on with the Kell 3, I have a confusticated pinnacle one I bought in the USA but never use and I have an eclipse in there too.

A custom made angle guide to set projects is a must for them I think

Aidan
Hey Aidan - interested in your thoughts on the Kell. I wondered about the small one (Kell 1) specifically, or mostly, for small chisels that are more difficult with the 'Eclipse' to get square. Also looks nicely made.

Hey Aidan - interested in your thoughts on the Kell. I wondered about the small one (Kell 1) specifically, or mostly, for small chisels that are more difficult with the 'Eclipse' to get square. Also looks nicely made.

All the Kell stuff is nicely made and works too. Nearly all these grinding guides are very similar in the way they work so it’s all in the details. Most work fine on your standard chisels and plane blades, but don’t with with a fishtail chisel or skewed blade, spokeshave blade etc

I think the Kell 1 and 2 are only different in size? I can sharpen my narrowest chisel on the 2 and yes the problem is keeping it square
Aidan

Latest posts

Back