Homemade Sideboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixoWood

Reaction score
I built this sideboard in my basement. Everything made with low budget machines.
There are about 60 hours of work in it. The wood / veneer is oak. Here is a short making of:

DSC05717-31.jpg
DSC044862.jpg
DSC057142.jpg
DSC057152.jpg

Last edited:
A nice clean design. I think the white drawers are a bit low budget however - I would have used oak veneer on the fronts. With such a wide drawer and radiused ends I can see you had to use drawer slides but it does add to the cost ? ;)

I think the white is a nice contrast and the painted finish turned out quite well. the drawer slides are from "Blum" and together they cost €40. I'm sorry if I do not understand everything correctly and write wrong I do not come from UK

I think the white is a nice contrast and the painted finish turned out quite well. the drawer slides are from "Blum" and together they cost €40. I'm sorry if I do not understand everything correctly and write wrong I do not come from UK
Absolutely. There is a lot of skilled work in that piece and thank you for posting.

Yes this is standard contact adhesive. It is "Pattex original" I do not know if you can also buy it in the UK.
This works really well with it

That's a very interesting video you've spent time on putting together - and I'd say is excellently done. Interesting design for the sideboard and the way you showed exploded views of the construction and how you proceeded to put it all together 👍
The only negative comment (sorry for saying) I feel I have to make is with the background music... got to be a bit too repetitive *for me* - and I felt interfered with my concentration of following the work flow... had to turn down the volume 😉 Otherwise 💯👌👍

The only negative comment (sorry for saying) I feel I have to make is with the background music... got to be a bit too repetitive *for me* - and I felt interfered with my concentration of following the work flow... had to turn down the volume 😉 Otherwise 💯👌👍
No problem, I understand that. The music has also been criticized elsewhere. ;)

No problem, I understand that. The music has also been criticized elsewhere. ;)
😁 Although I haven't made any uploads to YT I've viewed quite a few and some of the "music" used for some are not always "conducive"... difficult choice trying to find something to suit everyone 😉

As above, I really liked the vid, it was really well made and i also enjoyed the music to, it was a welcome change from the usual monotone droning on.

The animation of the constructional elements was a good idea at the beginning. Showing how it was to be constructed and gave it an overall professional feel you just dont normally see in such vids.

Top marks from this camp :D

Last edited:
Well done! How did you attach the sideboard to the wall? The walls in my house are cast in place concrete, so I have to contend with rebar anytime I drill into a wall.

Music was okay to start with and I understand the reason for choice... just a bit repetitive *for me* 😉

Last edited:
Well done! How did you attach the sideboard to the wall? The walls in my house are cast in place concrete, so I have to contend with rebar anytime I drill into a wall.
I hung it with cabinet hangers. You can see those in the animation at the beginning. In addition, I have a narrow bar under the board on which it rests.
Fortunately, I do not have rebar in the walls.
I hope you understand my gibberish english ;) :rolleyes:

Back