Home sweet home!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Steve. Looking at the current condition of the workshop, I do hope that is not a sign of the condition of the house. if so, a lot of work ahead. But at least it will be your home :)

You've all been very kind, thank you.
I've had 4 days of lifting and carrying and humping and shoving and I have aches on my aches. The house is a tip and despite having taken a car full of cardboard to the tip, I still seem to have as many boxes now as I did 48 hours ago!
I've been struggling to get hot water without having the house like a sauna, so just had a heat man to look at it and his reaction was, "Er, what on earth is this?". So looks like some upheaval and expenditure. I shouldn't be too surprised.
But all in all I'm happy.
Steve

looking at your workshop it doesn't seem to be the worst shell, if it was me and the the brickwork was sound or could easily be made sound. I would refit the roof, doors and windows maybe a new floor. At the moment i'm just using an extension cable, need to save up some pennies and fork out for the armoured stuff.

adidat

I haven't been on here for a very long time, and much has changed, but I wanted to wish you very best wishes Steve. Hope this works out

Excellent news Steve.

I like the look of your proposed new workshop. 8m x 8m you say? Now that is one workshop build I'm going to enjoy.

Good luck.

Congrats Steve, Its always good to move somewhere which is yours. You will find plenty of problems I'm sure, but that is normal when buying a house. Just tackle each one as it comes along and don't let it get on top of you. But you have a bright future with a nice shed to get your teeth into.
Well done
Danny

Thanks, guys.
It doesn't feel much like home just at the mo though. I had a fire engineer in yesterday. He has opened up the chimney breast ready to fit a stove next week. Now everything is covered in a thin layer of soot. I went round cleaning last night and this morning it all needs doing again. It's everywhere. I can smell it in my nose. Horrible. I'm just looking forward to it being done, as I'm throwing a a housewarmer next weekend.
Lots to do.
S

Open house from 2pm. All welcome. Come for half an hour or stay until midnight. Live music in the evening. Be there or be - somewhere else.
S
PS I've only got 2 chairs so bring your own. But there will be cake.

Damn! They'll never let me take a chair on the plane so I guess I'll have to give it a miss. Still, hope you have a great party Steve.

Back