"Home Sweet Home" clock

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
I stack cut two of these for my sisters B-day gifts. The cutting took some time but had more issues getting the pieces together afterwards. After cutting the "canarywood" back piece. Both developed a bit of a warp. Tried several different ways to flatten them out and evenually put extra screws in the piece itself to draw it together when putting them together. I also had issues getting the proper angle for the roof pieces. I used a disc sander but the match wasn't as close as I had hoped for. The canarywood and walnut look great together. Don't have plans at present to try this clock again anytime soon.....lol
Lin
hshclocklg.jpg

A matching pair? Where's it's friend :) ?

Looks great Lin, as ever. What size is the clock face, and what's 'canarywood'?

Gill

Thanks for the compliments on this piece. It was not an easy one for me to do at all. Cannot post a side shot.....Both clocks are already gone to their new homes.
Just took a pic of one of them before shipping them. The clock is a 2.75" insert and the depth on the piece is approx 4.5". They are not a very large wall clock. Under 12" in width.
The "Canary Wood" is considered an exotic. I purchased it thru mail order. We have also turned a couple pens from it. Nice wood to work with and the color is a deep yellow with lots of brown stripes in it. Have also had a couple pieces that had a bit of what looked like pink lines in it. Nice wood but has a price tag with it. Not as high priced as some other exotics I have tried but very easy to work with in comparision to purpleheart....
Hope I answered all questions. Plan to try another clock that is done in pieces.....Hopefully I won't have as much trouble the next time.
Lin

Latest posts

Back