Holzmann TS315VF 2000 Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holzmann is an Austrian company, but I doubt they make much in Europe. Here is the factory link to the saw:

https://www.holzmann-maschinen.at/EN/panel-saw-1424

I think the Holzmann TS315VF2000 is similar to the Axminster Trade AT315PS:

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminste ... saw-101256

I bought a Holzmamm HOB260NL jointer/planer (thicknesser/planer for some), and I regret it. It is definitely made in China, and is likely from the same production line as Bernardo and possibly Axminster products.

When I had problems with getting the infeed and outfeed tables of the J/P coplanar, I called Holzmann in Austria and was connected to one of the "engineers" who would be happy to help me. He was no help at all and kept referring me to the manual, which I had in front of me and it was also no help. However, he did confirm that most (he wouldn't commit to all) of their product line is made in China to Holzmann's exacting specifications and highest standards.

I was looking for a slider saw at the time, and the "engineer" recommended the TS315VF2000 as a equivalent substitute for the Hammer K3 or the SCM SC2 Classic. I thanked him for his valuable time and bought the SC2 Classic a few weeks later. I wanted the Hammer K3 because of its smaller footprint, but the lead time was 90-120 days and I had to make arrangements for shipping and commissioning. The SC2 was available immediately and the price included delivery, setup, and commissioning.

Eventually, I found the problems with my J/P and fixed the design errors myself. It is my opinion that someone in China reverse engineered something, possibly from drawings, didn't understand a component or function, and improvised. The result is a pair of tables that cannot be adjusted to be coplanar. About two years ago, I saw a Bernardo ADM 260 at a tool auction. Aside from the color, it could have been the twin of my J/P. As I looked closer, I saw the same design errors and wonder how the owner of that tool adjusted the tables.

If your friend is in the UK and wants a saw like this, recommend the Axminster version so he will have some leverage in case the saw turns out to be the same quality as my J/P. Although my J/P works now, I would give it away without hesitation to the first person who shows up with a truck to haul it away. I am just waiting for it to fail so I can replace it with the SCM FS 30C.

Thanks for your reply Mike, this is exactly what my friend was afraid of. I knew it was built in China because he called Holzmann but that is all the information he got. He thinks it's cheap for the spec and has been reduced considerably (I believe €2500 to €2000). So naturally he is worried about the quality and I'm not sure if he even considered the after sales service. I'll pass your comments on to him and appreciate you taking the time to write them.

Trawl the Holzman website carefully, reading company history and contact people pages.
Almost all their employees are listed with photos. Not a huge company.
The timeline shows they are all about import, warehouse and distribution. Their focus is Germany and E.Europe. About 4 sales people cover the english speaking world.
They have local representation in Qingdao, China to liaise with their manufacturers.
Qingdao has a number of woodwork mfr companies making all sorts, including a clone of the well known Harvey / Excalibur / Delft table saw (see Glory machinery).
It is such a similar story to Bernardo that I wondered if there was any link, but I don't see any.
I doubt the saving is worth the inconvenience of dealing with a company like this at a distance.

I have been on the lookout for a decent table saw for ages and have almost bought the Axminster equivalent to the Holzmann a couple of times but just can't do it. What I really want is a Minimax SC2/SC3, they are the same kind of saw as the Axi but about 3 times the price, when you have a good look at them it's obvious why.

I know if I get the Axminster version I will be disappointed.

Holzmann are the Germanic equivalent to Machine Mart's Clarke brand

Holzmann is an Austrian company, but I doubt they make much in Europe. Here is the factory link to the saw:

panel saw / TS315VF2000_230V / panel saw - HOLZMANN Maschinen GmbH

I bought a Holzmamm HOB260NL jointer/planer (thicknesser/planer for some), and I regret it. It is definitely made in China, and is likely from the same production line as Bernardo and possibly Axminster products.

When I had problems with getting the infeed and outfeed tables of the J/P coplanar, I called Holzmann in Austria and was connected to one of the "engineers" who would be happy to help me. He was no help at all and kept referring me to the manual, which I had in front of me and it was also no help. However, he did confirm that most (he wouldn't commit to all) of their product line is made in China to Holzmann's exacting specifications and highest standards.

I was looking for a slider saw at the time, and the "engineer" recommended the TS315VF2000 as a equivalent substitute for the Hammer K3 or the SCM SC2 Classic. I thanked him for his valuable time and bought the SC2 Classic a few weeks later. I wanted the Hammer K3 because of its smaller footprint, but the lead time was 90-120 days and I had to make arrangements for shipping and commissioning. The SC2 was available immediately and the price included delivery, setup, and commissioning.

Eventually, I found the problems with my J/P and fixed the design errors myself. It is my opinion that someone in China reverse engineered something, possibly from drawings, didn't understand a component or function, and improvised. The result is a pair of tables that cannot be adjusted to be coplanar. About two years ago, I saw a Bernardo ADM 260 at a tool auction. Aside from the color, it could have been the twin of my J/P. As I looked closer, I saw the same design errors and wonder how the owner of that tool adjusted the tables.

If your friend is in the UK and wants a saw like this, recommend the Axminster version so he will have some leverage in case the saw turns out to be the same quality as my J/P. Although my J/P works now, I would give it away without hesitation to the first person who shows up with a truck to haul it away. I am just waiting for it to fail so I can replace it with the SCM FS 30C.

panel saw / TS315VF2000_230V / panel saw - HOLZMANN Maschinen GmbH

I'm currently looking at the k3 Winner or the Minimax sc2c. The K3 is compact but the cross cut fence has a few flaws. What is the Minimax like?

I have seen some holzman machines new in a shop. The finish quality is poor. I have not used any of them but on looks alone I would not buy from them.

I'm currently looking at the k3 Winner or the Minimax sc2c. The K3 is compact but the cross cut fence has a few flaws. What is the Minimax like?

I originally wanted the K3 Winner, but the lead time and other constraints killed the deal for me. However, had the K3 and the SC2 Classic been side by side on the showroom floor with the same availability, I would have had a difficult time making a choice.

I am very happy with my SC2 Classic, and it turned out to be a great choice for me. Anyone can sell a machine, but the after sales support is very important to me. The certified SCM tech who commissioned my saw lives two villages away and never hesitates to answer my questions.

The only flaw I know about with the K3 crosscut fence is the flip stop, which has since been corrected after Marius Hornberger published this video of his design:

Back