Holzmann HOB260NL P/T Issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally remembered to take photos if my Axminster - certainly some similarities.

Adjustment bolts are rounded off from the factory.

IMG_0484.JPG

Same pins and such on the table hinges.

IMG_0485.JPG

Cast iron fence, but it's a pig to square.

IMG_0490.JPG

Happy to take more of any particular bits.

A mysterious delivery truck arrived a few minutes ago with the solution to my HOB260NL issues. More to follow. :)

FS30G.jpeg

@MikeK The forum keeps the original filename when you upload a picture and hovering over the picture gives you the filename... I'm afraid there's no surprise left :)

I know! The real surprise was the delivery. The shipping date kept shifting to the right and the last update I received from the distributor stated the expected delivery time would now be late February or early March. The truck driver rang my doorbell this morning unannounced.

Regarding the three bolts you have added to keep the pedestal shaft more secure - may I suggest a brass cylinder perhaps 2mm mm long and a clearance in the thread between the bolt and the shaft to stop any scoring?

Regarding the three bolts you have added to keep the pedestal shaft more secure - may I suggest a brass cylinder perhaps 2mm mm long and a clearance in the thread between the bolt and the shaft to stop any scoring?

Good suggestion, and a brass contact with the pedestal shaft would have been better. This is how the locking mechanism for the blade angle adjustment on my SCM saw works. The locking shaft pushes on a brass cylinder that makes contact with the adjustment rod.

I used what I had in my spare hardware bins, but would have preferred a nylon or brass bolt. However, I am happy the Holzmann is no longer my problem.

However, I am happy the Holzmann is no longer my problem.
We have all been there and taken the more tortuous route to get to our final destination, it is human nature to hope we can achieve our goals by cutting corners and spending less whilst we end up spending far more. But we still see members taking this route even when presented with all the information to take the better route so again looks like some just have to try it out for themselves.

For me now I have fitted a Jessem prestige lift into my Kreg table and experienced the precision it delivers it has made me want to get the same level of precision from the fence, so looks like time to just get a new setup and end up where I should already be so another example of itteration to the end goal.

I think now everytime I see the word Holtzman I just think of boat anchors, but what else is out there that also fits this category !

Back