Holtey Replacement Irons

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

OK, I know I shouldn't be posting in here, but I read something that might just be of interest to you. :shock:

I saw in one of the magazines that Holtey replacement irons are being discontinued. It was a Holtey advert for the irons so if anyone wants contact details, please let me know.

Cheers
Neil

Mr Holtey is no longer making block plane irons (according to his website).

I have a quantity of 1 3/8" and 1 5/8" Block plane blades (see picture above) for sale at the following prices :

1 3/8" Block Plane Blade A2 £46.00 (Plus VAT if applicable)
1 5/8" Block Plane Blade A2 £48.00 (Plus VAT if applicable)

When stocks of these blades are exhausted I have no plans to make any more retro fit blades for the Bailey pattern planes. Blades for the Classic planes - 2 1/4" A2 and 2 1/2" A2 will still be available. See the prices page for details.

S53 irons (normal 2", 2 3/8", classic 2 1/4" ) as well as A2 'classic' 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" irons still seem to be available

See Karl Holtey's site for details.

Mr Holtey makes some very nice planes. Does anyone on this board happen to own or been able to try one out?

Hi

ydb1md":27vdfvrt said:
Mr Holtey makes some very nice planes. Does anyone on this board happen to own or been able to try one out?

A certain Mr Maskery has the replacement plane irons. I think he rather likes them. :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Sorry guys, missed this.

Yes I do, I have them in my No.5, my No.4, which I never use. I have a No8 which I use for shooting, and would like one in that. The No5 also has a Clifton 2-part cap iron. Altogether it works like a dream, superb edge, no chatter. I'm well happy.

Sure I'd like one of Mr Holtey's planes, but this is a very satisfatory substitute.

Buy 'em up.

Cheers
Steve

Back