Holiday snaps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrs. sliver

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired by Chas's post of the log photos he took on holiday.
I wondered it this uncontolable need to photograph random lumps of wood while on holiday was a widespread problem?? if so, please post your holiday snaps and say where taken.
This was take a couple of weeks ago on a beach in the south of France

59sp.jpg

I'm not guilty of any log photography as yet, but I am very guilty of coveting my neighbours logs.

Where I live in rural Wales there are various farms and house visible from our narrow winding roads with tempting stick-piles on their land. These seem to draw the eye whenever I'm passing as a passenger in car.... There was one in particular just outside the nearest village that I'd been watching for a couple of months. Then my partner helped convert a tractor-powered log-splitter to standalone hydraulic operation for a friend's uncle. When said uncle collected the log-splitter and discovered I was a wood-turner we were invited to come and choose some logs (he'd just taken delivery of some Holly and some Red Oak). It had been his stick-pile I'd been ogling all this time :D

tekno.mage

Woodmagnet":3gd8xd50 said:
Looks different to the "log's" found on the u.k. beaches Mrs.S. :oops:

Course it looks different! It's one of our 'frog logs' 8)

I was luck to escape with me cherry when Mrs S was here. Talk about log ogling? :shock: :shock:

I was given this bit of vine by one of our French neighbours the other day. She said it would make a nice lamp. So far I have got some of the muck off of it and it looks good to me.

Vinelamp.jpg

It's cleaning up well with a bull nosed router cutter in my battery Dremel. A lovely little machine!

Mrs. S,
You need to get out more,
but not on the beach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John. B

Hi Mrs S,
Now that log looks to have a family of wood worm or termites in residence and a fine colony at that. By I bet they'd go pop in the microwave!!
It's a terrible thing to have hankerings over wood piles, last year I was dropping one of my daughters off at a new boyfriends house when I noticed a pile of oak logs next door and really embarrassed her when I jumped out of the car and knocked on their door. Came away with a car loaded up and a flea in my ear from the daughter.
Woods more important!!
Regards from another wood hunter,
Ian

Back