Holiday Plans

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitzroy

All the gear...
Reaction score
I'm finished working tomorrow until the 5th Jan, 17 days off, darn lovely. I'll obviously have a job list from my other half, and my boys similarly finish school for the holidays so I'll be entertaining them, but I should find a good few hours for woodwork/workshopping. On the list:

- There is a morticer on gumtree a couple of hours away - oh so tempting.
- My big box-joint router jig is ready for use on my coffee table project - need to find the courage to test it out, worried about cocking it up.
- I'm ready to install weather seals on the very draughty sashes in the spare room - will it stop raining for a few hours so I can whip them out, route grooves and install seals. Mother is staying and she's complaining the curtains blow in the wind, yes it's that draughty.
- The new workbench project has had no progress for 12months, is it time to take rough sawn stock to close to finished sizes? - a big sack of shavings could be incoming.
- The rough sawn components for making a garden sofa are likely now dry enough to bring to finished sized - That's 10 mortices per seat unit, hmm that morticer on gumtree is even more tempting!
- An early woodworking career kitchen bench, which is very Fred Flintstone in design, is ripe for cutting up, thinning down (so it's liftable), and rebuilding (so it looks much finer) - hmm opening another work front with other unfinished projects,

So many options, which way to go! What should i get on to in my time off? What are your plans?

Fitz.

I’m hopefully going to build a storage shed ( so all the garden stuff can come out of the workshop) and a log store.

Have had the timber for a while but not had the time to do it start to finish til now.

Also need to get some more shelves up and sort out.

On the house list I need to finish the gas meter cupboard, rerun the cable for a WiFi access point, fit some trim to the underside of a window sill, paint the window surrounds and sills, paint a wall in the kitchen, fit the door handles to the utility room door, sand and paint the utility room door, sort out the attic and finish boarding it, take out a transom window and clean the glass then refit, repaint the hallway,
The list that keeps on giving

Back