Holesaw template for router jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I have made something that started clean and since sanding has become a mess. I have filled in the areas that need to be fixed and thought I could sort it out by making a template out of plywood.

The cutter is 12.7mm, the closest I could get to the size of the bush.

rVtMwuS.jpg

Z4g5b1K.jpg

It works, but because I am using a router bush it doesn't hit the edges.

Can someone please tell me how I can achieve this? Are there slightly oversized holesaws that will make up the difference or router jigs that make the holes the correct dimensions?

What are you trying to make? A hole jig that will create holes the same size as the jig itself?

If so, look at a bearing guided router cutter rather than a guide bush. There are top and bottom guided bits (some have both), and they may be called a flush bit, or a template bit depending on the brand.

You will need to drill an undersized hole to start because they are probably not able to plunge cut. The bottom guided bits certainly aren't.

Great, thanks. Looks like my approach was wrong and you've shown the right tool for the job. I have ordered from Wealden.

Do you have experience with their finger jointer bit?

Theres always confusion when "finger jointer" is used.
Those dam yankee utubers again!
A "finger joint has tapered prongs that lock into each other, usually when joining boards together side by side.
A "box joint" has square sections which interlock at the edges to make a BOX :shock:

I have the trend box joint cutter, its pretty good, but limited to only being able to make a joint 40mm tall.
With a lot of planning and care, i have turned the wood over to get 2 cuts, making an 80 mm high joint.

Except I know that a finger joint has tapered ends, that's what I am after as mentioned in my other thread.

I have no experience of a finger joint cutter, but I assume it works as well as a box joint cutter.

Me too, I need thoughts from someone with experience be that they thinks works well (recommendation). Reviews vary/lack on Amazon for different ones

Latest posts

Back